IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

AtariLeaf, on 09 Apr 2016 - 8:15 PM, said:

You know, I basically ignored this thread for the last week and a half as it seemed the story was over and the thread would devolve into Hello Kitty GIF's and Shatner pics. Boy was I wrong, lesson learned.

This is the entrainment that keeps on giving....and giving...and giving! :-D

• Like 8

So if this does go to court what happens if Mike gets asked a question he doesn't like?

There won't be a delete button for him there.

He will instruct the lawyers to ask embarrassment-free questions. Period.

EDIT: Dammit, I posted this before I saw toiletunes's response! It seems we all know our Mikeisms very well! :lol:

• Like 7

600K+ views ..... seriously 600K+ views ..... I am not sure how those are calculated (via unique IPs per day/hour?) and I may have generated my fair share (I take an unholy pleasure in rereading my own posts) but still 600K+ views.

The whole RVGS/CC FB page had around 18K likes all included .... it's a 30:1 ratio ... 'nough said.

• Like 3

John Carlsen Interview Quotes from

http://retrogamingmagazine.com/2016/03/07/john-carlsen-interview-his-career-and-the-retro-vgs/

Still, via email, Luke Crane at Kickstarter appeared willing to give us a pass. However, in an email message on September 9, Mike flat-out lied about us having a “working PCB”. What Mike wrote was: “We have our console and cartridge shell injection mold tooling and real samples, real controller prototype (Ouya showed a block of wood) and a working prototype PCB.” I knew that we didn’t have a “working PCB” and I called him on it.

Mike shared an email message from Luke that read:

“Ouya came through during a very different time on Kickstarter. We’re constantly updating our rules and procedures. Under our current rules, you can show illustrations and wireframes and animations, but no photorealistic renderings. Sounds like you’ll have no trouble meeting those requirements.”

I told Mike that Luke’s “pass” wasn’t valid because it was based on a statement from Mike that was untrue.

Seeing that DVR card made me think back to when Mike was having 3-D renderings made of the clear and translucent cases. He had the artist use an image of the Jaguar PCB assembly without its RF shield. I told Mike not to use those images, and protested that to do so would fraudulently misrepresent what the final machine would look like. Among other things, there was a significant chance that I would need to include a similar low-cost RF shield, which wouldn’t look very good.

So, Mike even tried to pass images of a "Atari Jaguar" on the first Kick-starter that was cancelled

• Like 5

600K+ views ..... seriously 600K+ views ..... I am not sure how those are calculated (via unique IPs per day/hour?) and I may have generated my fair share (I take an unholy pleasure in rereading my own posts) but still 600K+ views.

The whole RVGS/CC FB page had around 18K likes all included .... it's a 30:1 ratio ... 'nough said.

Every time someone views a page in the thread, it increments the view counter. It only periodically updates the value displayed on the site, though, in order to reduce the number of writes to the database, which is why you can't watch it increment in real time.

..Al

• Like 2

Every time someone views a page in the thread, it increments the view counter. It only periodically updates the value displayed on the site, though, in order to reduce the number of writes to the database, which is why you can't watch it increment in real time.

..Al

Well then given my nervous "refresh" in anticipation of an even bigger brouhaha in some posts I guess that number is not that big :)

Do you have plans for any special projects with the shells? It would be cool if you could aquire a bunch of Flashback 2 boards, then wire in a cart slot and install in the Jag case.

I'll sell the case shells to anyone who wants them, but I do not have anything planned for them. I do plan on using plenty of cart shells, though. :)

..Al

• Like 11

So if this does go to court what happens if Mike gets asked a question he doesn't like?

There won't be a delete button for him there.

Simple! He'll do his best to feign offense to the question and respond with

And this is why I won't be answering any more questions. Just for the record.

• Like 5

I'll sell the case shells to anyone who wants them, but I do not have anything planned for them. I do plan on using plenty of cart shells, though. :)..Al

At this point, I plan to buy some, just because after all this malarkey, they deserve to be put to good use. :-)

• Like 1

Simple! He'll do his best to feign offense to the question and respond with

As Mike's lawyer, I will provide him with an ironclad case strategy, in an envelope I will insist he not open.

Spoiler: it contains a SNES manual.

• Like 9

I am only going to comment in here about Sean at this point as I know others who have been scammed by him are reading this thread. Here is some more info I got from Greg Albright who has now remembered more about the case. All this is also public record if you know where to look.

You just don't get haiku at all.

• Like 12

I'll sell the case shells to anyone who wants them, but I do not have anything planned for them.

Candy dishes, dog food bowls, litter boxes for cats, Jell-O molds, snack trays for gamers, fake armor parts for cosplayers, Kleenex dispensers... the possibilities are endless! With a little imagination, and no prototyping required, you could make a fortune!

• Like 4

As Mike's lawyer, I will provide him with an ironclad case strategy, in an envelope I will insist he not open.

Spoiler: it contains a SNES manual.

Oh come on, now you're just being mean, you know better than that. It should contain a SNES Mini manual!

• Like 6