IGNORED

PCB Picture guide

toiletunes

My sole 7800 is an AT-84 unit. Same revision to the board, which looks identical except for the color of the potentiometer dials and the manufacturer's labeling on some of the chips.

attachicon.gifIMG_3117.jpg

Wow, every single chip, including the BIOS is socketed, not sure I have ever seen that before. Cool.

EDIT: I would post some of mine, but they all have been dicked with in one way or another. Except maybe one.

Thanks! I see two differences: On the right-hand column of chips, I have an extra chip. On the next column over, our chips are different dimensions. Any tech guys know what's up?

Well, the difference in "dimensions" is really just that mine are socketed and yours are soldered straight to the board. Those three chips (RAM and BIOS) still look to be 24-pin DIPs.

As for the extra chip on the right column, I'm pretty sure that's basically system "glue" logic. It's certainly not the main system RAM, BIOS, I/O or any of the CPU (6502) and video (MARIA and TIA) chips. You say yours is a Rev A but what is the part number? Here are the markings on my board:

post-30400-0-02520800-1451349028_thumb.jpg

As far as I have ever seen, there are two NTSC board revisions and one universal board that was only shipped in a PAL format. There may be an early PAL only board but I have never seen it.

C300633.jpg

CO25233-001.jpg

CO25233-002.jpg

CO25233-002PCBtop.jpg

CO25233-002PCBbottom.jpg

I hope my website can handle the bandwidth. :ponder:

Mitch