IGNORED

***Sorry ended***Huge Star Wars auction near me with boxes!

icemanxp300

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=2620246&category=0&zip=14568&kwd

Trying to decide if I want to go for the hell of it. I am pretty sure there will be tons of buyers there, especially with them being boxed.

I know very little. I would only be buying to resell and at most auctions stuff like this sells for more than it is worth. I looked a few up and it seems the ones I looked up were around $100 each.

I would hate to see them sell for $10 each even though highly unlikely. The auction is an hr from me. If someone more interested in the area Is going to go let me know so I don't feel pressured to go LOL.

Edited by icemanxp300

More than 1 gem in that lot there. There's 1 picture of figures alone I estimate would fetch between $500 and $1000, on GreedBay.

Regardless of the condition, of the boxes, and the dust/dirt on some of the toys, that would be a great loose collection to display, but since the Vintage SW market has gone nuts again...agreed there likely won't be any $10 sales there.

More than 1 gem in that lot there. There's 1 picture of figures alone I estimate would fetch between $500 and $1000, on GreedBay.

Regardless of the condition, of the boxes, and the dust/dirt on some of the toys, that would be a great loose collection to display, but since the Vintage SW market has gone nuts again...agreed there likely won't be any $10 sales there.

You talking the one with the last 17, duloks and droids figures? I don't think it would get that much. To get $500 you would have to sit on them with BIN's for quite a while.

LOL good catch. You are correct that was December. Nevermind :)

I jumped ahead of myself thinking it was January already.

Damn...was hoping I was wrong...was getting psyched up for a road trip lol!

You talking the one with the last 17, duloks and droids figures? I don't think it would get that much. To get $500 you would have to sit on them with BIN's for quite a while.

Lot 11a? Then yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. Maybe a grand would be stretch, but separate them into their respective lots (Droids/Ewoks), throw them on as no reserve auctions, and I'm pretty sure you'd get $500 for them. They look like they've got most, if not all their weapons, as well as their coins.

Plus, like I said, the market has gone stupid.

The damn cardbacks can even fetch a small fortune now. Watched an auction end last week with 3 cardbacks, that sold for $350... :-o :-o I almost fell over with that one. Now, one was a Boba Fett card, and all three were crossover cards, (ESB, with ROTJ stickers applied), but COME ON! They're used, ratty cards! That's one reason I won't laugh at the value of SW stuff (or should say, what people are willing to shell out), no matter what condition.

I guess if you wanted to ensure $500 for those lots, you could throw in the Amanaman figure that's in one of the other pics ;)

Edited by Seagull

Yeah sorry this is the 2nd time I was looking at an auction that was over. It confuses me on auction zip that they still show the auctions on the calendar even when they are over. I wish they would at least red them out so you know. I just clicked and automatically assumed it was showing January but we are still in December for a few more hours.

I guess one way of knowing if you are not paying attention to the month/date real close is if you don't see any online auctions listed.

Plus, like I said, the market has gone stupid.

Yep it sure has. So stupid that I finally decided to sell my collection not long ago. I got prices 4 and 5 times what I paid even as recent as 5 to 10 years ago. I don't miss them one bit and I made out like a bandit. Since Disney pumped all this new energy into the franchise again the vintage stuff has gone up and up. It's bound to settle and go back a down a bit over the coming years so I was happy to ride one of the highs as I got out :)

I wish they would at least red them out so you know. I just clicked and automatically assumed it was showing January but we are still in December for a few more hours.

It took me awhile to actually notice it was dated, myself. I've come across old auction listings on Goodwill sites, and they at least highlight 'auction closed' (which brings the excitement level to disappointment almost instantly, if it's something you've been looking for forever lol).

Yep it sure has. So stupid that I finally decided to sell my collection not long ago. I got prices 4 and 5 times what I paid even as recent as 5 to 10 years ago. I don't miss them one bit and I made out like a bandit. Since Disney pumped all this new energy into the franchise again the vintage stuff has gone up and up. It's bound to settle and go back a down a bit over the coming years so I was happy to ride one of the highs as I got out :)

Awesome, if you were able to turn a stupid high profit, and not regret it. I debated selling mine, but have hung on to my originals for almost 40 years now, plus have, over the years, picked up what I drooled over in the Sears and other catalogues, back in the day, that I just couldn't bring myself to do it...yet. Agreed that the market will settle, no doubt, but I think the one thing this latest movie (plus maybe the next couple) will do, is get a completely new generation interested in collecting the 'real' vintage figures, at which point, years down the road, I'll probably be ready to sell.

Actually... the real gem in that lot is that Tatooine Skiff from the "Power of the Force" line. Wonder how much that went for????

I saw that, and would like to know myself. Wasn't sure what to say about it, as I didn't notice any accessories with it, like the sails, but quite possible it was complete, seeing as a lot of the figures looked to still have their weapons. Would actually like to know what everything went for...would be nice if that auction site posted that.

Good eye. I just noticed the cardboard Cloud City play set too. That one was pretty rare for a while.

I noticed he had the Rebel Command Center playset too. (I think that's the rarer ones of those sets????)

Is it me or did anybody else skip these cardboard playsets? I remember even as a kid I thought these looked generic: I rather get another figure or two besides these things.

I never really got into the cardboard sets. I think the rarity is based on the fact that the cardboard is hard to find in decent condition. Sears did a Cobra Missile Base for G.I. Joe figures in 1982. The set is extremely rare due to the fact that it's all cardboard.

Funko recently did a decent homage of the cardboard playsets of the early '80s with their Alien line.

The box art is hilarious with the screaming girl.

alienplayset_zps9osyutmd.jpg

• Like 1