IGNORED

Warbirds

Clock

Why is Warbirds so expensive to buy,

Also why Lemmings and Battlezone2000?

Are they all rare? You can still buy Battlezone from GOATARI and Lemmings is available in Holland new I don't know if Warbirds is available new, but I guess this means they can't be rare.

I actually own Battlezone2000 and Warbirds and I want Lemmings.

They're not all that rare but they are some of the best games for the Lynx so people that get them have a tendency to hang on to them. Especially Warbirds & Battlezone since they are both multiplayer games so someone having 2-4 copies is not unusual. Lemmings is pretty rare though.

Well, they're not "rare" as many Atari 2600 games are. I'd probably call them "scarce." They're generally more difficult to find than most Atari-era titles for the Lynx, and they're also considered to be some of the better titles.

If you think about the fact that the retail price of many of the Atari Lynx games were around $40-$50, the price you'd expect to pay for some of these games is really not that high. We're just spoiled by the fact that Atari over-produced most of their titles, and demand at the time is low, so we can get most of them very cheap.

Oh really? I don't really think Warbirds is all that... I played it first time and just kept winning. I set it to hardest setting possible, i.e collisions on and simulation mode and group of enemys rather than just one etc etc and still kept winning. I assume it is much more fun with Comlynx mode but I will never get to do that.

Battlezone is good though

and Lemmings, well I don't have it but that has to be fun to play.

But what about Chip's Challenge, possibly the best game on the Lynx and the cheapest!!! but I guess nearly everyone owns it already.... a bit like Xbox and Halo.

Chips challenge? I don't own it. I have seen reviews and screenshots and write-ups and it doesn't interest me in the least. Warbirds is a favorite on the other hand, and I've never had a chance to play it linked yet. It's my Halo. I definately want BattleZone, for the hidden easter-egg version, the original is just a bonus I may play once in a while.

There are probably pallets and pallets of boxed Chips Challenge in circulation, though. I'm not sure that it's necessarily one of the more popular games, it's just that they're easy to come by (especially on E-bay) and they're almost always included in those "7 SEALED ATARI LYNX GAMES" lots on E-bay.

Chip's challenge is definitely worth trying - don't knock it till you try it!

It's as good as Crystal Mines.

If you like 'em - try Sokomania!

Warbirds, Lemmings, and BZ2K were all re-released by the shysters at Telegames. I believe these are the flat PCB style carts (the ones with the oblong hole that's supposed to make desertion easier). Also, due to the above stated fact, don't expect a box - printing costs eat into profits!

Why is Warbirds so expensive to buy,

Also why Lemmings and Battlezone2000?

Are they all rare? You can still buy Battlezone from GOATARI and Lemmings is available in Holland new I don't know if Warbirds is available new, but I guess this means they can't be rare.

I actually own Battlezone2000 and Warbirds and I want Lemmings.

From what I've experienced, Lemmings is rare. It was the first Lynx game to become "hard to get". It stayed at list price when the other games went for under $10 (many, many years ago). If you can get a new copy at a decent price, do it. It's a fun game.

Warbirds, Lemmings, and BZ2K were all re-released by the shysters at Telegames. I believe these are the flat PCB style carts (the ones with the oblong hole that's supposed to make desertion easier). Also, due to the above stated fact, don't expect a box - printing costs eat into profits!

Actually Telegames has re-released a few of the lynx titles. They were all originally released w/ the standard curved lip and all came in a box. I know that Warbirds & Desert Strike have had re-releases on flat PCB style carts by Telegames but I'm not sure of Battlezone or Lemmings. The new Telegame releases come in CD style cases. As far as I know the only place to get these "new" is from Telegames themselves.

Chip's challenge is definitely worth trying - don't knock it till you try it!

It's as good as Crystal Mines.

If you like 'em - try Sokomania!

I have Crystal mines and I don't care for it either, so if chips challenge is just as good, I already know I won't care for it. I enjoyed Boulder Dash back in the day, but grew tired of it and these clones of it don't impress me.

Well, I don't really care for Crystal Mines either but I like Chip's Challenge. I like how the game adds elements in each level (at least in the levels I've been to so far) so every level is new and different, but you're never overwhelmed by a myriad of new switches/traps/items/etc. that you have no idea what to do.

It's very cool, and well worth the price.

I will repeat myself, If you want a new boxed Lemmings then go to Holland (Netherlands) It is around £25.

However I am not really a Lynx collector, I just want something to play during my lunch break at work. I did pay a huge sum for Battlezone 2000 but that was the reason I bought the Lynx in the first place. I had 2 games on my list, Battlezone and Lemmings.

I am wondering if the GameGear version of Lemmings is as good as the Lynx, I have never seen either, only played it on the Amiga.

As for Chip's Challenge.... it is not like Crystal Mines II it is a great game as is CMII. I think Chip's Challenge is the best game I have found so far on the Lynx, which makes it a must have at the price it goes for. I like arcade puzzlers which is why I have Klax and want Lemmings.

Chips challenge? I don't own it. I have seen reviews and screenshots and write-ups and it doesn't interest me in the least. Warbirds is a favorite on the other hand, and I've never had a chance to play it linked yet. It's my Halo. I definately want BattleZone, for the hidden easter-egg version, the original is just a bonus I may play once in a while.

Oh man, Warbirds is so fun linked. It's fun to play with limited ammo, then you can actually land at your base to replenish your ammo, if you ditch the person your playing agianst in the clouds. Ever try to land agianst the all knowing computer? You can land, but you probably won't make it off the ground. Linked Warbirds and Battlewheels are some of the most fun I have had playing video games. Almost as fun as lan Halo. :D You going to the CGE/Jagfest 2k3 this year? I'll be there with Lynx and link cable.

I am wondering if the GameGear version of Lemmings is as good as the Lynx, I have never seen either, only played it on the Amiga.

I have the GG version, and it's about as good as any, though the screen size makes life difficult sometimes. I've never seen the Lynx version on a real machine, but I imagine the slight increase in screen size would help no end, regardless of other factors.

Thankyou sourdust and welcome to our community.

I think you will find many helpful people on here, it's certainly the best forum I've ever stumbled upon.

I may buy a gamegear just for this game, unless I can get Lemmings on Lynx.

Thankyou sourdust and welcome to our community.

You're welcome, and thank you!

I may buy a gamegear just for this game, unless I can get Lemmings on Lynx.

At the risk of straying off-topic; I'd recommend picking up a GG if you can, simply for the extensive game library. There's a lot of poor games (avoid platformers 'cos the screen's just too small) but the shoot 'em ups and driving/flying games are mostly worthwhile. That said, get OutRun 8) but not OutRun Europa! :yawn:

It's definitely an inferior machine to the Lynx, though! [/b]

Archived