IGNORED

Is Best Electronics still in business?

BIGHMW

I was just wondering since I tried playing Tempest on my 5200 and the fire buttons on my stock CX52 controllers were not working so I ask all of you if they are still in business so I can get both all of my CX52 controllers some new gold contacts to replace the old rotted standard ones, and also if they can convert my 5200 I got for my 17th Birthday back on May 19th, 1983 (USA-made, serial no. 141101, 4-port model) for direct power, composite video and also 2-channel mono so I can kiss my special RF box goodbye for good and maybe get the absolute best out of my system setup, which also includes, a late-1990s Trinitron (for that old-school picture that ONLY a CRT TV can deliver for a vintage system)

I also have over 80 games for it including several homebrews and prototype repros and virtually every title that first came out excluding Meteorites and Bounty Bob Strikes Back, and a whole bunch of other controllers and accessories including both 2600 and 7800 controller-compatible Redemption 5200 interfaces AtariAge came out with years ago.

Hopefully someone can get me in contact with Best Electronics or whoever owns them now, so I can get my stock 5200 controllers some gold contacts and an A/V/direct power conversion for my good-old unit, I do not want to take a chance with an already converted unit on eBay, I'd rather have mine done instead.

They are still in business, I made a purchase from them back in September.

..Al

Just need their contact info, I think you might have it and I can sure use it for both my unit to get the A/V/power conversion doen on it and also to get the gold contacts for my stock CX52 controllers

Their website is: http://best-electronics-ca.com/

Their phone number is: (408) 278-1070. Hours of operation are M-F 1:30 - 5:00PM PST.

You should just call them. I purchased a pair of CX52 controllers and a CX522 4 port TV Switch box last month. Two separate purchases...each time I just called them and it made for an easy transaction. :)

• Like 1

Their website is: http://best-electronics-ca.com/

Their phone number is: (408) 278-1070. Hours of operation are M-F 1:30 - 5:00PM PST.

You should just call them. I purchased a pair of CX52 controllers and a CX522 4 port TV Switch box last month. Two separate purchases...each time I just called them and it made for an easy transaction. :)

Great, thanks. I'll get in contact with them about getting my controllers a complete overhaul or just trade them in for newer already modded gold controllers. As for the CX522 switch box, I was talking about getting my 5200 modded for use with composite a/v rather than having to use the switch box, like some of those 5200 units that have been modded I have seen on eBay.

Absolutley still is business. Bought a couple 5200 gold plated controllers, couple 7800 European Gamepad controllers, and some other stuff. It's best to call them rather than emailing them as their site is all html primative looking like it's from 1995. They are only available during the afternoon for phone calls though.