IGNORED

Lynx II buttons near screen hard to push.

Gio_16bits

I've noticed it's a bit tricky to use the buttons near the screen, like they need to be pushed a certain way. I've also noticed pushing the lower right option button kind of pushes on the lower right end of the screen too. Is that just a design flaw or is it something else?

Edited by Gio_16bits

If it seems like you need to push harder than usual, the plastic may have been worn down a bit on the button.

LCD were always affected by the buttons, it could be considered a design issue since the dev team could have had the buttons away from LCD to prevent bending or color banding when you press the buttons.

I fully confirm: on my Lynx 2, the option 1, 2, blacklight on/off are difficult to press and they were like that since the beginning.

This is why i prefer playing games by using my Lynx 1 with far more confortable buttons made of caoutchouc instead of hard plastic for the Lynx 2.

Yeah the near screen buttons on the Lynx II were not so great, it's like you say, on all my Lynx II's, e.g. when pressing option 2 it's like pressing all the buttons at once and the buttons almost caves in a bit, and the screen gets "waves" on the lcd pixels. Actually I've seen quite a few members stating over the years that the Lynx I seems to be a higher quality build, and I agree. However personally I think they fixed quite a few design issues on Lynx II and it was waaaay cheaper back in the day, also my wrists always start hurting playing on Lynx I because the whole design is bent a bit inwards and the controller is too far in.

Anywas in spite of some small design problems both models have pretty awesome unique hardware design. They both look freakin' amazing! Recently I've started thinking that the Lynx I design might have been slightly inspired by 80s skateboards to look extra cool at the time.

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx