IGNORED

5200 Cart Storage Case

MEtalGuy66

Yeah. heheh.

I could have used the Nazi Eagle stencil from Raiders of the Lost Ark, but I found a nice vector image of this one. It was used to mark ammo crates, I believe..

I used printable heat-transfers, I did some fine touch-up in a few places with black acrylic paint, followed by a coat of Krylon clear matte acrylic spray.

Im pretty happy with the results, but I cant decide if I want to leave it like that, or try something different.

I could paint the whole thing olive-drab green, and redo the markings in yellow..

Or maybe go with a simpler design, make an actual stencil and use spraypaint, for a more authentic look.

@Bohoki: Yeah, I really like Dymo impression labels. They last forever, look great, and stay-stuck. That's a great application for them.

@SRamirez2008: Well, I'm not a carpenter by trade, but like so many things, I can do a good enough job to satisfy myself. I wouldn't want to try to make a living at it, but I might be coerced into building another one if someone was REALLY persuasive.

Yeah. I was thinking more like bolt-on metal handle(s).. And maybe some rubber feet too on the opposite side for when you need to set it down for a minute..

Yeah I am working on re-doing the graphics on the lid.. I decided to do a combination of stenciling and embossing.. and I'll probably clear-coat it afterwards for protection..

Took me 7 hours to cut this stencil out of stick-on UPS shipping labels with a razor blade..

stencil.jpg

After I spray it and it dries, I'll go around all the edges with a round-tip diamond abrasive bit on a dremel at low speed.. This will remove any overbleed around the edges, and also give it a bit of a 3D embossed look..

If it turns out good, Im gonna clear-coat the whole thing to make it more durable.. This stuff is really soft and I dont want it to get f*cked up over time..

Ok. Here is the lid with 3 coats of Varathane no.94 outdoor clear semi-gloss spar urethane.

urethane.jpg

The idea here was to add a layer of protection as well as a bit of an aged look.

The can says "Adds a warm golden glow."

They weren't shitting.. I am thrilled with the results.

I am thinking about using a classic walnut stain on the rest of the box, and then coating it with the same urethane.

• Like 2

pretty

but like i said just a couple holes a piece of paracord (and a little chunk of tube/ 4 inches of broomhandle with a hole drilled through the middle for a handle) its almost the better it looks the less it looks like a crate for ammo

Edited by bohoki

Your cases look awesome to me. I'm just not really as much a collector as a gamer so my idea for a storage solution is something I can drag out in front of the living room TV along with the console, all in one box. Yeah you are right I'll probably end up doing the end labels.