IGNORED

Atari ST Game Creator?

GFA Basic isn't tailored for games as STOS is, but is a good general purpose ST language. Thomas Iig has made a couple of great games with GFA Basic recently:

S.E.U.C.K. is pretty limiting, but if you want to make a simple generic shooter without doing any programming, it's an OK choice. My brother tinkered with SEUCK in the early '90s:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

M.A.G.E. is a simple and fun way to make games, with lots of presets. I posted the following in the M.A.G.E. thread right here.

I have found the original "Mage Demo" disk that I downloaded in the mid-90's from a BBS on a floppy disk, with my game included. I created the spites myself, but the music is certainly not from me. I don't remember if I created the background, but probably not. I have attached the files and zipped them up. Click "DEMOGAME.PRG" to play my game, which is circa 1994. I'm sure you will find some of the enemies rather interesting. :)

Of course, this isn't about me and my game, so click "CHARDEMO.PRG" to load "DEMOGAME.SP1" and you will see all of the sprites that I created. Just clear them. It's probably the most simple way to create games that I have ever seen. "ANIMDEMO.PRG" and "MAPDEMO.PRG" also change movements and the direction of the game. It's much, much easier than the full version, and no instructions are necessary, although they are included. Anyway, enjoy!

MAGEDEMO.ZIP

• 9 months later...

STOS was one of the reasons I had to repair the floppy drive on my Atari 1040 STf (described here: http://fetchrex.com/2017/02/12/oh-no-atari-1040-st-floppy-drive-issues/).

The development tool looks very impressive (especially for the time back then). I have played with it since getting my floppy drive working again, but Im now working on a plan for simple game to build first to learn the basics of it all.

I am also working on a external connector to allow my ST (and hopefully a game) to be able to communicate to the internet for more advanced group gaming. (thats the plan at least)

Russ

post-52015-0-20885300-1487735510_thumb.jpg