IGNORED

Ebay?

I already have a 4 port so I don't need a 2 port. My cousins had one but it broke and we tossed it years ago. But I don't need a 2 port except for the VCS adapter which I don't have. And they are not so cheap anyway. And I'll just keep my jr for that or the sears. But just curious as far as eBay is concerned. I only saw one 2 port untested except it powers on. Power supply and 2 controller included. But my 4 port needed fixing even though it powered on. Fuzzy no game loaded. Nylon here fixed it for me. So powered on means nothing. And that was 40 dollars plus 20 shipping so not worth it. Anyhow besides that in consoles section only 58 5200s showed up and no 2 port except the one mentioned. Regardless of working or not 4 ports always show up in abundance on ebay. But I don't see 2 ports that often.

Is 2 port more rare or nat that common? Not looking to buy. Just wondering why I don't see as many 2 port as often as I see 4 port versions?

The two port model 5200 is more uncommon than the four port model. I saw about 8 on ebay but listed as bundles in buy it now listings. I have both models and enjoy them equally. With the four port you can play all the games unlike the two port you can't play Pitfall, Krazy Shootout, and Mountain King unless you do a BIOS swap. These models came out later in 1983 until early 1984 when they ceased production. The most rare is the four port model with the asterisk labelled on the serial number label underneath. Only thing notable about these models is they are compatible with the VCS adapter.