IGNORED

Centipede review

SwedenLynxer

• 2 weeks later...

I hear you moleman. I read this review and did this guy actually recommend this game with the words that Lynx fans should be "grateful" that any version of Centpede is released to the general public? Is he serious? At $50, an unfinished game without sound, scorpions, fleas, and no discernable change in difficulty (Yes I played the rom on the Handy Emulator), I am a little less than grateful. Annoyed is more like it. Annoyed, that no one took the time to polish the game or better yet, make any improvements to the game to make even worth it at half the price. I do not want to hear about the costs it took to burn the prototype on a Eprom and the wonderful box the game it came in. The play is the thing and even collectors would not want a copy of the game. If you really want to blow $50 on a Lynx game, I suggest getting Lemmings, Desert Strike, Battlezone 2000 or Missle Command. They are collectible and have much better gameplay and are Finished. Heck, all those games are CHEAPER.

Well, this one has no chance of being finished, at least.

I wouldn't have purchased it if there was talk about completion.

I think it's worth the asking price.

Video61 does free shipping and they'll give you a discount if you purchase additional titles that they have available.

This title is a must have for the true collector.

But, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I hear you moleman.  I read this review and did this guy actually recommend this game with the words that Lynx fans should be "grateful" that any version of Centpede is released to the general public?  Is he serious? At $50, an unfinished game without sound, scorpions, fleas, and no discernable change in difficulty (Yes I played the rom on the Handy Emulator), I am a little less than grateful.  Annoyed is more like it. Annoyed, that no one took the time to polish the game or better yet, make any improvements to the game to make even worth it at half the price. I do not want to hear about the costs it took to burn the prototype on a Eprom and the wonderful box the game it came in. The play is the thing and even collectors would not want a copy of the game.  If you really want to blow $50 on a Lynx game, I suggest getting Lemmings, Desert Strike, Battlezone 2000 or Missle Command.  They are collectible and have much better gameplay and are Finished.  Heck, all those games are CHEAPER.

"This guy" reviewed "Centipede" as a prototype release; I was careful, if I remember correctly, to state that the game was UNFINISHED, but available from Video 61 for those who wished to purchase it.

"Centipede" is by now means a game that can be recommended for everyone (in the state that it is), but your comments suggest that no proto game should be reviewed at all.

As far as I know, "Centipede" cannot be completed because the source code has been lost (Lanc Ringquist simply found a ROM image and burned it onto a few carts).

I always enjoy reading your comments; if "Centipede" engages them so much, why don't you write another review for "The Atari Times"? I'm sure Gregory George would welcome a review to counterbalance mine.

I always enjoy reading your comments; if "Centipede" engages them so much, why don't you write another review for "The Atari Times"? I'm sure Gregory George would welcome a review to counterbalance mine.

Of course I would! TAT is a website for Atari fans *BY* Atari fans. You guys are the ones that keep it going. :wink:

Archived