IGNORED

boot image?

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can tell me what this icon means.

I have a 1040STE 1MB ram and this image appears at a boot screen just before going to the desktop. Once it starts it seems to run fine. it displays for a few seconds.

any help explaining what the icon means would be helpful.

thanks,

Wayne

post-45460-0-32760500-1458696911_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I haven't had s chance to get back in front of the machine. The boot disk is a copy of the U.K. Language disk. I formatted a new disk and then made a copy because the original disk was starting to give me errors. I'll check the all the disks and even try booting with a formatted blank disk in the drive to see if the symbol still appears and post my findings over the next few days.

cheers,

Wayne

Thanks Dragonstomper for the info ...

The original disk is giving me errors trying to read it in the machine, the copied disk was done on the atari. I found another UK language disk image online, but when I copied the image under linux using dd to a floppy, no of the files show up on the atari even though I can see them listed on the linux machine ...

In the end, I'm assuming that the boot sector virus checker is not a problem for me, so I guess I'll continue using it for the time being.

thanks for your help

... actually, it seems I'm having trouble writing .st files back to floppies under Linux . The command seems to write the image file, and when I look at the contents of the disk under Linux all the files are there, but when I put the disk in the Atari it shows a blank disk, no files.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk