IGNORED

Atari 7800 Encyclopedia Book

DaddaRuleKonge

Made a little PDF/book on the Jaguar, and a user, phoenixdownita, would had liked to see a PDF on the 7800. The PDF was done faster than I had anticipated. Mostly because it was such a fun system to read about.

Atari 7800 PDF found here:https://daddarulekonge.itch.io/the-atari-7800-encyclopedia-book

Other PDFs: https://daddarulekonge.itch.io/

Every PDF is free just hit the "No thanks, just take me to the downloads" link.

If something is wrong in the PDF or if you would like an inclusion of something, then let me know and I will make a revision.

Hope some may find it useful :)

post-46184-0-48260100-1460392373_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Happy to help. Say... I just noticed Commando received a score of 5.8, while Crack'd got a 7.2. Any chance the scores were flipped? :lol:

Gamefaq:

Command - 2.93 from 7 total votes

Crack`ed - 3.63 from 4 total votes

The score is a little biased to Crack`ed

I am sorry to say that using Gamefaq score is not a perfect system, It gets scores (sometimes) right.

Been years since I last looked at anything on GameFaqs (seemed they were always about placeholders for games with little to no real content and a ton of ads) but looks like they might finally be evolving. Their scoring system though, which I've never even bothered to take notice of until you pointed it out, appears to be all screwed up! :lol:

...and again with Ikari Warriors (5.eight) and Jinks (9.7)... with Impossible Mission at 3.2. Now I KNOW something's up! Ikari at 9.7, Impossible at 5.eight and Jinks at 3.2 would be more believable. WTH LameFaqs? :rolling:

Gamefaq:

Crack`ed - 3.63 from 4 total votes

The score is a little biased to Crack`ed

I am sorry to say that using Gamefaq score is not a perfect system, It gets scores (sometimes) right.

Maybe tank command?! Those scores are totally bogus.

It's the wrong forum but in the Game Cube book,

in Europe pre-orders of the Game Cube were given an inflatable chair with purchase, might be worth mentioning. I got a purple chair, here's pic of a black one:

Nintendo-Game-Cube-Inflatable-Chair1-300

Here's mine, still sealed

Game%20Cube%20inflatchair1_zpsis1znros.j

Thanks. Will include it if I ever get out a revision.

That was quick!!!

Thanks!

EDIT: And with an extra screen shot ... nicely done

[there's an error on the 7800 wiki cut'n'paste .. you say "This is a short wikipedia introduction for the Atari Jaguar."]

Another nice read! Now how fast can you put together a 2600 book? :lol: j/k

Caught another error too... page 5, paragraph 7 needs to be omitted. Partial paragraph talking about the Jaguar...

Just done with the Vectrex PDF. Even though the PDF is small, the library of homebrews made it hard to collect info for. If I do a 2600 PDF, how much of the homebrew library should I include? I went through it on the AtariAge list, and it is pretty massive. Do some of you have a list I could use of games that must be included? Also, phoenixdownita, I don`t think I will have a extra screenshot on the 2600 PDF. It went a little to cluttered in the 7800. What do you think?

• Like 1

Just done with the Vectrex PDF. Even though the PDF is small, the library of homebrews made it hard to collect info for. If I do a 2600 PDF, how much of the homebrew library should I include? I went through it on the AtariAge list, and it is pretty massive. Do some of you have a list I could use of games that must be included? Also, phoenixdownita, I don`t think I will have a extra screenshot on the 2600 PDF. It went a little to cluttered in the 7800. What do you think?

Wrt screenshots do as you please, I like one extra screenshot over white space but that is just me, I believe one of your other encyclopedias has even more (like 2 pictures of the boxes or something).

Maybe the clutter stems from having 3 games per page ... dunno.

Again do as it seems right for you, first and foremost, then if you're so inclined listen to the sticklers like myself, but don't let us derail your "hobby" or worse suck the fun out of it.

To try to answer the question of which 2600 home-brews to include is a little tricky. Be nice to see all of the brews currently available in the store here, Packrat and Good Deal Games - but there's also a plethora of "indie" stuff scattered about as well. Early works such as Ed Ferdemyer's (sp?) Edtris, which is notable because he helped to kick off the 2600 home-brew phenom in the mid 90's, as well as a handful of others from the time. Greg Troutman's games, Glenn Saunders/Stella Gets a New Brain/Supercharger/Bridgestone Media deal, Alfred's Challenge to name a few of the other late 90's works of significance.

Then there's the extremely limited runs of 25-100 copies of some original games and hacks that a few AA members have produced and sold on their own. Games like Ature, Endless Snow, TwisterShark/Sharknado, the other movie related hacks with autographs from movie stars, etc. By no means an expert or can remember all the different titles released throughout the years - just running a few off the top of my head. Oh and besides Edtris, I would think Boulderdash would be one of the most notable in recent times that's no longer available due to licensing agreements.

And like phoenixdonita said, only throwing out some ideas and suggestions for you. Your books are already nice, well laid out and fun to read (although personally, I'd leave out GameFaq's ridiculous ratings). ha! Nobody should be taking the fun out of it for you. Appreciate all you've done and contributed thus far! :)

• Like 1

And like phoenixdonita said, only throwing out some ideas and suggestions for you. Your books are already nice, well laid out and fun to read (although personally, I'd leave out GameFaq's ridiculous ratings). ha! Nobody should be taking the fun out of it for you. Appreciate all you've done and contributed thus far! :)

Thanks for saying that :) As with the Gamefaq score, I need something that has continuity, and Gamefaq include score for almost all the games for most systems. I know it may be infuriating to see a bull-shit game score higher than a game more universally loved game. But I don`t know a better site to take scores from :/

Thank you for info on the homebrew scene. It will help me when I have to tackle it down the road.

Just a thought, but maybe you could just do a 2600 PDF and a seperate Homebrew PDF that could include some 2600, 5200 and 7800 homebrews?

Many thanks for the 7800 PDF. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for saying that :) As with the Gamefaq score, I need something that has continuity, and Gamefaq include score for almost all the games for most systems. I know it may be infuriating to see a bull-shit game score higher than a game more universally loved game. But I don`t know a better site to take scores from :/

Thank you for info on the homebrew scene. It will help me when I have to tackle it down the road.

Gamefaq:

...okay, Commando - 3.19/5 ...currently... ;)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/atari7800/585382-commando