IGNORED

1982 Reply Letter from Imagic regarding Demon Attack...

datafreq

A few years back we had DA in the 2600 Deca at Twin Galaxies. Apparently the 84th wave was a bug they decided to fix in a later release of carts.

I think at the 84th wave one could achieve around 200K or so.

Wanting to increase my standings I whipped out a 2 million score (I had a fixed cart unbeknownst)

Needless to say there were a few challenges to my score and a few comments on the fairness.

I did agree to loan my cart out for those that wanted to play it :D

I actually had a letter from SEGA regarding the level 10 BC message on Buck Rogers, but sadly, it got lost to the evil hand of time.

Do you remember what it said? I was always curious about that.

Tempest

I actually had a letter from SEGA regarding the level 10 BC message on Buck Rogers, but sadly, it got lost to the evil hand of time.

Do you remember what it said? I was always curious about that.

Tempest

The lady who responded said she had no idea..

So much for that. :)

Wasn't there a thread chalking it up to a programming fault?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...ght=buck+rogers

Doesn't shed much light on it.

Amazing!

I once wrote to Imagic as well because Demon Attack ended, and here's their reply!

(I actually love Imagic's games and such pieces of history but couldn't resist on this one :D :D )

Rasty.-

post-481-1051285292_thumb.jpg

Amazing!

I once wrote to Imagic as well because Demon Attack ended, and here's their reply!

(I actually love Imagic's games and such pieces of history but couldn't resist on this one :D :D )

Rasty.-

That seems like a weird letter to send to a 12-year old, I would have freaked out :D

If we're going to the trouble to make a fake letter, let's really blow the roof off - make one announcing the exciting new Motorodeo from Atari; yours now from Atari Club for only $29.95! Or how about one from Selchow & Richter promoting their new line of educational VCS games? :D

Hey! I've got one of the original Demon Attack letters too! I wrote to Imagic to ask if the demons gave up. They sent a reply just like yours and a poster also. I still have the letter today with all my Activision letters and posters! :D :D

Dear Thomas,

first of all, congratulations to you for all your super records in all 4 dificulty levels in Starmaster.

Unfortunately due to our busy christmas sales, I couldn't reply to you until today. I hope you will understand.

As a reward for your great achievments, a few posters, a mini poster and a sticker are included with this letter.

Close enough. ;)

• 1 year later...

I know it's an old topic, but I wanted to find that Imagic letter again... since I just beat Demon Attack for the first time! (And I've owned the cart since it was new - so it took me long enough.)

It didn't take as long as I'd expected. I'd forgotten it "only" ended at wave 84. Of course, the picture winked out before I noticed what my score was.

Now to try it on Difficulty A. :roll:

Archived