IGNORED

ABBUC Softwarecompetition 2016

skr

sure! The contest is over so I guess I am free to distribute.

Here is a zipfile with all the stuff.

BGP final release.zip

BGP_SIDE1.atr has DOS2.5 on it with the Viewer BGPVIEW3.XEX and the converter BGPMAKE1.XEX including the palette files needed.

BGP-SIDE2 has picture files only (non-bootable)

If working with SIO2PC DOS2.5 is able to write the BGP file out to PC. SDX cannot. But you can use the maker with SDX very conveniently if you write to RAMdisk.

Sascha had the idea of supplying a windows Bitmap ready for conversion on a conventional Floppy because strictly speaking all contest entries must be able to run on a bare Atari (no SIO2PC connection but only Floppy drives..) but the idea was eventually dropped. That's why there are two 130K images NICOLE11BMP.atr and TERM2BMP.atr in the Atari Disk folder with one small Win-BMP file each.

The Atari Files folder contains the two Atari executables.

Edited by bugbiter
  • Like 8

HI everyone,

here is my entry in the games competiton this year, Bigmess.

English rules are included in the program.

post-21545-0-57053900-1477774301_thumb.png

post-21545-0-24234300-1477774324_thumb.png

post-21545-0-55668000-1477774339_thumb.png

It's a turbobasic program, which is automatically loaded after booting, please do not hold the OPTION Key while booting. The Game has 5 different screens, have fun :-)

bmess.atr

• Like 14

If any of you would like to put Rain of Terror on a MyIde2 device using the FAT32 Loader (like I wanted to do!), you might have tried it and found it doesn't load up properly as-is.

No worries, use this simple patcher!

Extract this .rar file, and then copy your ROT.XEX file off of the ABBUC SOMAG49A.ATR into the same directory.

Then run the ROTPATCH.BAT which will create ROT4MY2.XEX. Then you can use ROT4MY2.XEX and it will work great with the MyIde2 FAT32 Loader.

Props to ProWizard for coming up with the patch approach used here. Works great! :)
-Eric

Oh, and you have to put the file you are trying to patch into the same directory as the batch file before you execute it too of course!

(sorry, posted on the wrong quote - still sort of applies though!)

Edited by erichenneke

Hi.

Does it requiere any special memory configuration?

Regards.

- Y -

HI everyone,

here is my entry in the games competiton this year, Bigmess.

English rules are included in the program.

attachicon.gifbigmess1.png

attachicon.gifbigmess-lev1.png

attachicon.gifbigmess-lev4.png

It's a turbobasic program, which is automatically loaded after booting, please do not hold the OPTION Key while booting. The Game has 5 different screens, have fun :-)

attachicon.gifbmess.atr

Spot the prize (arrived yesterday - thanks Wolfgang)

post-19705-0-71867800-1478641124_thumb.jpg

If you don't like spot the prize competitions then here it is:

post-19705-0-22257800-1478641132_thumb.jpg

Funny that after several months work my game "Space Fortress Omega" came in 6th and won a mug (though with different circumstances and more time for players to play it might have made the few points up to 3rd as it offers more of a lasting challenge) and that my small utilities for manipulating PMG data won 75 euros; funnier still that I am more happy with the Mug :)

Any more feedback welcome for SFO thanks for those who have mailed me. I'm assembling the latest version as I type, managed to use the stack's RAM so squeezing in even more to the last few bytes.

Anyone want to produce some artwork? Small picture of the Ship flying into/through the fortress blasting stuff perhaps? Maybe someone knows someone / has a sibling / friend who might be interested?

:)

• Like 7

Anyone want to produce some artwork? Small picture of the Ship flying into/through the fortress blasting stuff perhaps? Maybe someone knows someone / has a sibling / friend who might be interested?

:)

Hi,

I can do such an illustration. I did it for my caveblastergame and years ago I won the Incoming! label contest.

Hi,

I can do such an illustration. I did it for my caveblastergame and years ago I won the Incoming! label contest.

Great, you're hired!! I was thinking something in the classic style like

Zaxxon or River Raid

If you or anyone wants to do something for Ramp Rage too that would be nice :)

• Like 1