IGNORED

Anyone buy a custom Atari Controller...

hizzy

No . Just pick up a gold kit for a cx-40 and call it a day .

Really? I'm really intrigued. Going to do some reading up on the gold kit. I've seen it advertised, but I've just glossed over it on the best electronics site. Thanks!

Boy to me real arcade micro-switched controls <> a dome switched cx-40.

I'm not saying a cx-40 might not be better, but to me that's an apples and space bananas type comparison. One is an arcade controller, one is a normal Atari joystick.

I saw this ebay listing myself and was thinking to try to make one....it's not a lot of money in parts.

Have tried and own a large variety of diverse controllers and still prefer a CX-40 over any microswitch controller, especially when playing Atari games on Atari consoles. Accept no substitute! Unless you're talking about 2-button gaming on the 7800… then the Edladdin adapter + a modern joystick will do, but at a cost and compromise of course. Otherwise, strongly prefer domes and leaf switches each and every time over microswitches.

I've used those exact project boxes and they are very sturdy. As long as the guys electronic work is decent $60 bucks is a fair price after you total the parts involved (he's not using junk) and whatever time it took him to put it together. Shame he didn't add a couple resistors and another button to make it 7800 compatible as well.

• Like 1

Have tried and own a large variety of diverse controllers and still prefer a CX-40 over any microswitch controller, especially when playing Atari games on Atari consoles. Accept no substitute! Unless you're talking about 2-button gaming on the 7800… then the Edladdin adapter + a modern joystick will do, but at a cost and compromise of course. Otherwise, strongly prefer domes and leaf switches each and every time over microswitches.

Do you like Wico sticks?

• 2 weeks later...