IGNORED

Custom ATR SIO2PC image formats

NelsonN

Hi all,

I am trying to access ATR images I created with an earlier copy of SIO2PC using the custom option. Because I was programming the SpartaDOS Project (a norton utilities port) thru my Atari 130XE and 800XL I opted for large ATR disks.

My problem is that I can't read these ATR disks with any of the emulators or any of the many tools out there. I even tried converting them to XFD with no luck. Somehow my hardware 130XE and 800XL didn't have any problems reading these ATRs thru the SIO2PC software.

These ATR images contain source code for programs like the SpartaDOS undelete command I wrote and would like to make the Action! source code available to the Atari users along with the programs.

If anyone one can help or has heard of this problem before and can point me in the right direction I will appreciate it very much.

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I tried applying your program but the problem remains.

I can load the ATRs and can even scan them with DiskRX and my own RS sector program, but I can't seem to make the OS or DiskRx pull up a directory, strange. I even found docs to help me trace to make sure the sectors are where they are suppose to be and they are, that is, sector maps, the first directory sector, the density of the disk, etc.

Have you tried copying the contents of the disk images to another standard format disk image, or even copy the files over to a real 5 1/4" disk? This is assuming that you can actually read the disk images using real hardware via SIO2PC.

I tried applying your program but the problem remains.

So, this is not a problem with disk images, rather with data on disk images.

Does my program ADIR list anything?

You may also send the images zipped to my email, I may take a look at it.

Thanks for the offer, someone else asked me to send them the ATRs and I did. He fixed the problems.

Don't really know what was wrong since I didn't get an explanation. But I am noticing that many of the Atari 8-bit emulators write differently to ATR disks. I remember that in 94/95 I was programming in an XF33 emulator. Those ATRs must have been formatted with this particular version of the XFormer emulator.

Now I notice that Atari800win can't boot from the boot ATRs formatted in XFormer. hmmm..... This is the cause of the problems for sure. They do boot in XFormer 98 fine.

Archived