IGNORED

4 port with 2 port power supply?

fred

I recently bought what I thought was a 2 port 5200 off of Craigslist after a couple of my 4 ports died. The guy I bought it from was selling it so he could get a 4 port system.

So I bring it home and try a couple games. They work fine. When I tried Space Dungeon and Robotron the second controller second controller didn't work. After some trouble shooting I popped of the controller port cover and discover 3 more controller ports.

Now I think this is weird, the guy I bought it from had no idea he had a 4 port and it fooled me. I don't think it was modified.

I think the system is great, I have the best of both worlds, 4 controller ports, and a more reliable power supply.

So how common is this?

I recently bought what I thought was a 2 port 5200 off of Craigslist after a couple of my 4 ports died. The guy I bought it from was selling it so he could get a 4 port system.

So I bring it home and try a couple games. They work fine. When I tried Space Dungeon and Robotron the second controller second controller didn't work. After some trouble shooting I popped of the controller port cover and discover 3 more controller ports.

Now I think this is weird, the guy I bought it from had no idea he had a 4 port and it fooled me. I don't think it was modified.

I think the system is great, I have the best of both worlds, 4 controller ports, and a more reliable power supply.

So how common is this?

Any photos?

• Like 1

It is odd. I don't have a 2600 adapter. This is the first "2 port" I have ever bought.

It would be cool if it did work with it, but then again I'd have to play the 2600 games with the 5200 controller.

I just read that the adapter worked on factory modified 4 ports. I didn't know that was a thing.

I don't think this looks modified, but I'm no expert. Could this be a weird variant or does it have a simpler explanation?

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I meant a pic of the system board not the case. The model number is in the lower left just above the controller ports. The power port is on the upper right.

Mitch