IGNORED

Sony VITA Buying Guide + Best Games & Honorable Mentions!

Why buy the Sony Playstation Vita? Because it's an AWESOME handheld game system and this guide will help you figure out which Vita model is right for you! Also we give some PS Vita game recommendations, some honorable mentions and places you can find out about new releases, meet fellow collectors and more.

Games Shown:

Tales of Hearts R
Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God
Killzone Mercenary
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee - New ’n’ Tasty!
Futuridium: Extended Play Deluxe
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Child of Light
Tearaway
Persona 4 Golden
PS1 Games: Metal Slug X & Shienryu
Super Stardust Delta
Virtue’s Last Reward
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Wipeout 2048
Ridge Racer
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd
Persona 4 Dancing All Night
SUPERBEAT: XONiC
Michael Jackson The Experience HD
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Sly Cooper Collection
God of War Collection
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
Muramasa Rebirth
Dragon’s Crown
What Playstation Store downloadable games would you recommend? These could be Vita, PSP or PS1 games!
  • Like 5

What Playstation Store downloadable games would you recommend? These could be Vita, PSP or PS1 games!

TxK is great and is exclusive to the system (and PSTV). It's Tempest 2015 and I like it a lot.

The Namco PSP fighting games look terrific on the Vita screen, especially Tekken 6.

I like the Star Wars Battlefront PSP games on the Vita, especially the first one (Battlefront II) with the Vita dual sticks.

I like the Star Wars Battlefront PSP games on the Vita, especially the first one (Battlefront II) with the Vita dual sticks.

The two Syphon Filter games on the PSP were some of my favorites. I wonder if you can use both analog sticks for that!? That would rock

I have to say just looking at the opening shot for the video, that's more vita physical cartridges I've ever seen together in one place at one time. (Which is probably a reason why the system has been doing so poorly overall.)

I second TxK.

Motorstorm RC also is a good one and likely the only overhead racer in the library.

The two Syphon Filter games on the PSP were some of my favorites. I wonder if you can use both analog sticks for that!? That would rock

Nope, I believe that only Resistance Retribution supports that on the PSP and only via piggybacking onto the PS3.

You have to have Resistance 2 running on the PS3 to get this setup going which then streams PS3 controller inputs via WiFi to your PSP, turning this PSP first person shooter into a full blown dual analog console style shooter. Combined with a PSP HDMI upscaler for full-screen tv output, it's pretty much like playing a PS3 game. This functionality sadly doesn't seem to work with actual Vita hardware though.

Speaking of Resistance, any opinions on the Vita entry? My PSTV suffices for the most part, but this and Uncharted are two handheld exclusives here that tempt me from time to time.

Edited by Atariboy

Contrary to what seems to be said in the video, I don't think the region of your hardware places any limits on your PSV's PS Store access. Rather, it's just the region of the PSN account that you register on the device. I haven't switched my system (which is American) to either of my non-US accounts in a good while, but I have done it before, so unless there is some specific restriction just for PSV hardware sold in Japan, yes, you can access PS Stores that are foreign to your hardware.

I understand that there was a time when the PS TV had launched in Japan, but was not yet available elsewhere, during which non-Japanese PSN accounts would not work on a Japanese PS TV (Vita TV). Is that what she was thinking about? That was resolved a long time ago, though (firmware update, I think?).

Also, I'd like to add that the PSV physical release of DariusBurst Chronicle Saviours in Japan is the only physical release of the game in the world, on any platform.

onmode-ky

Nope, I believe that only Resistance Retribution supports that on the PSP and only via piggybacking onto the PS3.

I think you're right. I was thinking of the original PSOne Syphon Filter games (hence my 'retro cheese' comment) when MJ mentioned the PSP games from the series. They're quite different.

I haven't added any new old games to my Vita in a long time, but this list was my favorite place to check on compatibility. The formatting is broken in some portions, but you can get the idea, and it's the most comprehensive list I know of.

Did anyone talk about this thing:

41PJgfPk3IL.jpg

If your vita stays at home, this is a serious must buy. Takes the system from being OK into being gaming bliss.

Too bad there's no fix yet for the proprietary SD cards.

Edited by leods

• 1 month later...

Limited Run Games is a publisher that still puts of physical releases for the PS4 and Playstation VITA. In this video I play and review the first seven Vita releases from Limited Run Games and I show you gameplay footage.

GAMES SHOWN:
Breach & Clear
Saturday Morning RPG
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
Futuridium
Xeodrifter
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Soldner X-2: Final Prototype
  • Like 2