IGNORED

Sellers that don't answer questions.

Keatah

Some sellers disable questions in ebay like so:

"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

..so how am I supposed to make a correct decision whether to buy or not?

I won't post the auction here so as not to give the seller added exposure or do them any favors by spreading the word.

I don't like to deal with people who won't answer questions. It's easy enough to move on to someone else who does. If someone is just trying to flip a bunch of stuff they found/stole and know nothing about, I wouldn't do business with them.

When I sell, I answer everything, in public.

If it's a stupid but honest question, something that's obviously in the description, I politely redirect them to the listing.

If it's a stupid and malicious question, I am not above being snarky. My last auction: "I see that you have zero feedback and have already entered a bid. Doing that canceled out my very reasonable Buy It Now asking price, which was only a little higher than what you are offering. How about this: you continue to bid on it like a normal auction, and if you are the high bidder, you win! Happy bidding."

I personally despise flippers. I've seen things that were clearly marked as being purchased for like $3.99 at a thrift shop and yet being sold for nearly a hundred. I will avoid making a purchase, I don't care how rare the item is.

Same deal like if they get an Apple II computer, and don't know how to test it, so they strip it for parts and sell each part what they would the whole unit. Forget that!

• Like 1

Some sellers disable questions in ebay like so:

"We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately, this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."

..so how am I supposed to make a correct decision whether to buy or not?

I've had this happen to me a few times.

How does that happen?

Does the seller have some setting to block bidders so they can't contact you?

I personally despise flippers. I've seen things that were clearly marked as being purchased for like $3.99 at a thrift shop and yet being sold for nearly a hundred. I will avoid making a purchase, I don't care how rare the item is.

Same deal like if they get an Apple II computer, and don't know how to test it, so they strip it for parts and sell each part what they would the whole unit. Forget that!

At the very least they should have the decency to get rid of the thrift store sticker so it isn't so obvious they're opportunistic rats.

But yes, sellers that won't answer questions don't deserve the business. If you can't be assed to take 60 seconds to hammer out an answer to a simple question, I can't be assed to give you my hard earned money.

At the very least they should have the decency to get rid of the thrift store sticker so it isn't so obvious they're opportunistic rats.

But yes, sellers that won't answer questions don't deserve the business. If you can't be assed to take 60 seconds to hammer out an answer to a simple question, I can't be assed to give you my hard earned money.

I bought a game once for around $30

when i got the cart it had a $1 sticker on the back

Some sellers are sick of hearing dumb questions that are already covered in the description like "Will you take Bitcoin" when the description says Paypal only, "Will you ship tp me" when shipping is already listed, etc. and some sellers may not know detail of what they are selling so they don't want "does this work with Atari Joystick or Atari Paddle" questions.

There was one big retail-store type seller on eBay (3 letters user ID, 7 digits feedback score) that has the contact blocked, I guess when you have 10's of thousand items and are running like a conventional store and not as a one seller store, retailers often don't know the specifics of what they are selling and don't want to handle thousand questions a day. This seller however had sloppy listing practice. They had several computer motherboard listed in CPU + Motherboard bundle but no CPU was mentioned. Was going to ask if the listing was in wrong category or if they do include CPU but I couldn't contact and I didn't want to lock out $200 for 2-3 weeks only to find out I don't get CPU and have to open claim for missing item "listed as CPU and Motherboard bundle, got only motherboard, no CPU"

or the ones that are selling an item as "untested" yet also have auctions going at the time of equipment they could easily test it with.