IGNORED

Atari800MacX and SIO2OSX

atarimac

All,

I have not updated either SIO2OSX or Atari800MacX in quite some time. That is still on my list of things to do, however, I work full time and am also a PhD student, so it is essentially like having 2 full time jobs. In addition, my company recently had a downsizing, and I am now looking for a new job, and job search is also a full time job.

The reason I am writing this is that I would like to thank everyone for their support over the many years of the 2 programs development. However, I would urge everyone to not donate to Atari800MacX, nor purchase SIO2OSX any longer. The company I was using for license management and fee collection, Kagi, I am assuming is going out of business. They sent me a check for $137 for fees that had been collected over the last several months. The check bounced several days after I deposited it, resulting in a $15 fee for me, and the company refuses to answer repeated phone calls or emails.

For SIO2OSX, posted below is my registration key, which may be used with my permission to unlocked the licensed features of SIO2OSX (license allows longer than 5 minute use). SIO2OSX is now freeware. (I will open source it as well, as time allows).

Mark

SIO2OSX license key:

Name: Mark Grebe

Code: SIO-4E28CK-Y6YKK-WU55L-GKHT0-MC1MY-QDG7N-9M

• Like 1

Thank you, Mark. You are a prince for doing this. I paid - gladly! - for SIO2OSX last year, or maybe the year before. I've always regretted never quite getting around to donating for Atari800MacX (which still works under macOS Sierra betas, by the way). Thank you for all your contributions to the Mac-using Atari community!

I look forward to your eventual open-sourcing of SIO2OSX as well. As a tangential "contributor" to the open-source RespeQt project (I compile and upload OS X builds), I think being able to examine other examples of working code is always a great opportunity.