IGNORED

Interesting 7800 on ebay (?)

GoldenWheels

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322247214065?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

"This auction is for a work Atari 7800 console. This console comes directly from Atari and has an Atari asset tag on the top cover. This unit comes with Asteroids built in. It comes with the box, which has the name and address of the Atari employee the unit was shipped to. On the bottom of the unit, on the label, there someone has written, “Encrytption defeated by Calvin….. 12/14/89”.
The unit comes with the power adapter only. I don’t have any controllers or the RF adapter for it.
I purchased this unit directly from Atari, when it closed it’s Milpitas facility in 2003. "
$_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F
Asteroids built in so has a European OS. Interesting to me, but not $150 bucks interesting.
What "Encrytption" would Calvin have to have defeated on a 7800 way back in 89? I didn't think the 7800 had any.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322247214065?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

"This auction is for a work Atari 7800 console. This console comes directly from Atari and has an Atari asset tag on the top cover. This unit comes with Asteroids built in. It comes with the box, which has the name and address of the Atari employee the unit was shipped to. On the bottom of the unit, on the label, there someone has written, “Encrytption defeated by Calvin….. 12/14/89”.
The unit comes with the power adapter only. I don’t have any controllers or the RF adapter for it.
I purchased this unit directly from Atari, when it closed it’s Milpitas facility in 2003. "
Asteroids built in so has a European OS. Interesting to me, but not $150 bucks interesting.
What "Encrytption" would Calvin have to have defeated on a 7800 way back in 89? I didn't think the 7800 had any.

Oh yes it's $150 interesting. If I had the cash I would have already bought it.

Fuck it, I bid on it :)

Ha! I knew someone here would be interested, also knew I was advertising it and probably jacking up the price by mentioning here, so apologies if anyone was lurking on it.

Since Shawn is in on it, I can now avoid having a moment of weakness in 4d 22h. If it had been 0 bids at that point then my willpower would have perhaps failed me. Good luck bro.

• Like 1

Ha! I knew someone here would be interested, also knew I was advertising it and probably jacking up the price by mentioning here, so apologies if anyone was lurking on it.

Since Shawn is in on it, I can now avoid having a moment of weakness in 4d 22h. If it had been 0 bids at that point then my willpower would have perhaps failed me. Good luck bro.

Oh I doubt I'll win it. This thing is bound to go for a good chunk of change. I have a number in my head what I think it's worth but I'll keep that to myself and just see

what the market says it's worth.

Oh I doubt I'll win it. This thing is bound to go for a good chunk of change. I have a number in my head what I think it's worth but I'll keep that to myself and just see

what the market says it's worth.

I've been lurking but you're bid is safe. Had I not picked up a couple of 7800's recently, I would have been tempted. It appears to have some provenance, which or course is the interesting part, but I just don't know what to make of this one.

I've been lurking but you're bid is safe. Had I not picked up a couple of 7800's recently, I would have been tempted. It appears to have some provenance, which or course is the interesting part, but I just don't know what to make of this one.

Looks to be an NTSC in house bios modded unit from Atari.

So, this is a 7800 that Atari Corp shipped to Atari Games Corp/Tengen? I wasn't aware Tengen was working on anything for the 7800; I thought they contracted out Pit Fighter...

What a shame they weren't working on anything for the 7800 way back in 1985-1989 when it would've counted.

So, this is a 7800 that Atari Corp shipped to Atari Games Corp/Tengen? I wasn't aware Tengen was working on anything for the 7800; I thought they contracted out Pit Fighter...

What a shame they weren't working on anything for the 7800 way back in 1985-1989 when it would've counted.

The unreleased KLAX maybe?

• 1 month later...

The item appears back on the market with 'a little' bump from the $303 it sold for less than 2 months ago...

The...

"I DON'T KNOW HOW THE SYSTEM IS SPECIFICALLY MODIFIED, BUT THE BOX READS "MODIFIED UNIT," AND THE STICKER IS ADDRESSED TO THE GAME DEVELOPER, TENGEN. THE SYSTEM HAS A "PROPERTY OF ATARI" LABEL ON IT, AND READS
"ENCRYPTION DEFEATED BY CALVIN 12/14/89." THIS COULD BE A PROTOTYPE SYSTEM. I'M REALLY NOT SURE--IT'S A COLLECTOR'S ITEM NONETHELESS!!!"
...item can be yours for only $599.99 :P
And don't forget... "NO CONTROLLERS OR VIDEO CABLE INCLUDED".
But hey, there's free shipping. :party: