IGNORED

Interesting 7800 on ebay (?)

GoldenWheels

Some shiller didn't pay the $303 they owed; now anyone who legitimately wants this thing has to pony up twice as much dough... :ponder:

It seems to be a case of the first buyer looking to double their money:

First seller:

post-18-0-33216800-1477823651_thumb.png

First buyer:

post-18-0-19093300-1477823661_thumb.png

Second seller:

post-18-0-15156200-1477823673_thumb.png

;)

$606 would have sounded too high though...$599 sounds a lot less :roll:

A pure business move, and the seller is certainly entitled to do whatever they please. It's lousy for the sake of discovery/preservation within the community, if the item is a legit 'unique', or at the very least extremely rare, console. I much rather see it in the hands of a Mitch, Dan B., CPUWIZ, Curt Vendel, etc.

• Like 2

Isn't this the same "BIOS upgrade" that Best offers? Though a factory modded 7800 loaner would be worth more to collectors than an aftermarket Best upgraded unit, the end results should be the same. Also the Tengen name carries a lot of brand recognition. I also wish more Tengen games got ported to 7800. Who knows, maybe the Klax proto was tested on this very unit!

It could very well be the same end results of the Euro BIOS update from Best; being owner to one of those, it is cool to have Asteroids play with no cart in place and a quicker start up with no Atari logo check/intro screen for other 7800 games.

Still, it would be great for someone with the care, concern, and skills to have ownership and confirm what is similar/different with this unit, outside of sticker labels. Anyhow, here's to hoping it lands in the right hands (someday). :)

The item appears back on the market with 'a little' bump from the $303 it sold for less than 2 months ago...

The...

"I DON'T KNOW HOW THE SYSTEM IS SPECIFICALLY MODIFIED, BUT THE BOX READS "MODIFIED UNIT," AND THE STICKER IS ADDRESSED TO THE GAME DEVELOPER, TENGEN. THE SYSTEM HAS A "PROPERTY OF ATARI" LABEL ON IT, AND READS
"ENCRYPTION DEFEATED BY CALVIN 12/14/89." THIS COULD BE A PROTOTYPE SYSTEM. I'M REALLY NOT SURE--IT'S A COLLECTOR'S ITEM NONETHELESS!!!"
...item can be yours for only $599.99 :P
And don't forget... "NO CONTROLLERS OR VIDEO CABLE INCLUDED".
But hey, there's free shipping. :party:

God

dammit

:mad:

Well I wonder if you could get a combo deal and add this piece in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Generac-Industrial-Power-80-KVA-Diesel-Power-Backup-Generator-Only-15-hours-use-/351894962468?hash=item51ee930124:g:vhYAAOSwepJXXOry

Seems they would go great together. The seller does have quite a few items like a Prototype PCB for SNES

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Nintendo-Prototyping-Development-cartridge-UNUSED-NOS-SNES-prototype-/351894962489?hash=item51ee930139:g:Sc4AAOSwTA9X9Lfr

s-l1600.jpg

So could this be legit? Or anyone else have thoughts on the seller as a whole?