IGNORED

Will Cloak and Dagger ever come out

Jim Pez

When ever I think of the 5200 I always think of this game. mainly because of the movie which I have seen hundreds of times. Some one really needs to do a homebrew of this game

An official 5200 version was half complete before the crash came and the project was abandon. The original author did start working on it again in recent years but I don't think anything ever game of that.

The game was being developed on the 8-bit computer then would have been ported to the 5200 after its completion. There was never a 5200 version in development at Atari.

I doubt that. If that were the case, then why was Tempest and Xevious worked on during that era only for the 5200 and not the 8-bit computers? Atari would've been keen to sell the 5200 version and would've had that out first to capitalize on all of the exposure from the film.

I doubt that. If that were the case, then why was Tempest and Xevious worked on during that era only for the 5200 and not the 8-bit computers? Atari would've been keen to sell the 5200 version and would've had that out first to capitalize on all of the exposure from the film.

Tempest and Xevious were designated as 5200 projects, Cloak and Dagger was assigned as a computer project. Dave Comstock himself told us he was programming it for the 8-bit computer and would port it to the 5200 after he finished it.

Tempest and Xevious were designated as 5200 projects, Cloak and Dagger was assigned as a computer project. Dave Comstock himself told us he was programming it for the 8-bit computer and would port it to the 5200 after he finished it.

Do you think he's still working on it?

Allan

Not arguing with what you said here, it makes perfect sense when taken at face value, just quoting it in order to emphasize one area of it, that being: "...Dave Comstock himself told us..."

Since when are statements of recollection from one person who worked for a company over 30 years ago taken as 100% absolute & undeniable fact?

Not to mention we already know of other situations where a game was being worked on by different people in different places & neither was aware of the other.

Not arguing with what you said here, it makes perfect sense when taken at face value, just quoting it in order to emphasize one area of it, that being: "...Dave Comstock himself told us..."

Since when are statements of recollection from one person who worked for a company over 30 years ago taken as 100% absolute & undeniable fact?

Not to mention we already know of other situations where a game was being worked on by different people in different places & neither was aware of the other.

Paperwork and electronic files from that time also indicate this.

As Dutchman said, there's more evidence than just Dave's word. Why doesn't anyone want to believe us on this?