IGNORED

Cuttle Cart II

cschell

Oh,

And just in case anyone here is curious, I will not be numbering the CC2.

Chad

Just send me WIZ's before you ship it out and I will be happy to number it for him. :) I have a nice pink magic marker here... :D

Mitch

• 2 years later...

(sorry for the bump- well maybe not)

Does anyone know whay a homebrew controller would not reconize the buttons being pushed when it works with all 2 button 7800 games?

Just a question seeing as I can navagate the menu using the console due to a truly awesome device (the CC2 more then the 7800.) ;) .

(sorry for the bump- well maybe not)

Does anyone know whay a homebrew controller would not reconize the buttons being pushed when it works with all 2 button 7800 games?

Just a question seeing as I can navagate the menu using the console due to a truly awesome device (the CC2 more then the 7800.) ;) .

957597[/snapback]

Are you saying you have a joystick that you built that doesn't get recognized by the CC2? What does your button circuit look like?

Mitch

I din't build it, the NES + Sega -> 7800 2 button controller made by bookpile works directionally, (left right up down), but the buttons do not register, they work just fine in the games.

I got the controller so that my joystick challenged frineds can play, so its not a huge deal.

I'll see If I can get a nice set of picts up.

I din't build it, the NES + Sega -> 7800 2 button controller made by bookpile works directionally, (left right up down), but the buttons do not register, they work just fine in the games.

I got the controller so that my joystick challenged frineds can play, so its not a huge deal.

I'll see If  I can get a nice set of picts up.

958302[/snapback]

Do both buttons work if you play 2600 games or only one? It's possible that the buttons are wired seperately or some weird value resistors were used. Hard to say with out seeing it.

Mitch

620 Ohm 1/4 W 5% Resistors

I sent them and the Sega pad( should have been two) and the NES pads ... He did the work.

7800 games work just fine with both buttons sepratly (ex-desert falcon)...

they don't work at all on 2600 games... (ex-adventure)

hummmm......

I'll see If  I can get a nice set of picts up.

Which game? Are you saying neither button works? Even in a 2600 game? Or do both buttons work like on a single-button joystick?

If you want to test two buttons, you need a specifically 2-button game like Xenophobe.

Be aware that Xevious has 2-button support, but I seem to recall that it's controlled by the difficulty switch.

620 Ohm 1/4 W 5% Resistors

I sent them and the Sega pad( should have been two) and the NES pads ... He did the work.

7800 games work just fine with both buttons sepratly (ex-desert falcon)...

they don't work at all on 2600 games... (ex-adventure)

hummmm......

958440[/snapback]

If they don't work on 2600 games then something is definitely wired up wrong. My NES "modded to 7800" pads work fine on all 2600/7800 games and the CC2.

Mitch

Archived