IGNORED

new batch of 7800 games coming to the AA store

RevEng

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely see the strong resemblance to the 2600 Parker Bros. release; nonetheless, it is the aesthetic choice of the developer. ;)

Well, it does look good; nice and vintage. Slightly confusing but who cares, STOKED to play Frogger on my 7800. Will be a serious hole in the library filled.

• Like 1

Why isn't Froggie in 7800 style packaging. I was confused because it looks like a 2600 game (and why would anyone re-do frogger for the 2600?)

I want Froggie released also.

Here are some things I know:

The box, manual and labels aren't finalized.

Author is on extended vacation.

It hasn't been announced if Pokey and non-Pokey versions will be made.

The Pokey and TIA music could get more polished. I hear a dropped Pokey music note not due to game play sound.

The Official Frogger - Starpath - has no sour TIA notes.

I have only recently been able to play on real hardware past the first level with and without Pokey sound.

The music being better or not is in no way affecting when Froggie gets released.

Well it's December, Im I missing the sell of these games? Was supposed to have been the end of November!

I believe the exact words were "end of November is our best estimate."

So...it was an estimate. I'll try to find the original post.

Boxes haven't been sent to the printer yet. I'm waiting on One More Box, then they'll be a go. So, it's still going to be a bit, sorry. I have a maelstrom of games to add, although I have been adding some others in the meantime (Jeepers Creepers for the ColecoVision, Rebooteroids for the Jaguar). In fact, I'm adding three new ColecoVision games to the store today. :)

..Al

• Like 3

Well it's December, Im I missing the sell of these games? Was supposed to have been the end of November!

The statement was: "...hope to have them available in the store at the end of Novemeber."

There's a lot of new games heading to the store soon. Al probably wants to make those games available for purchase as much as, if not more so than, we want to buy them...Some more time and patience is needed. :)

*EDIT: By the time I posted looks like Al followed-up with more details.

• Like 1