IGNORED

Converting from .com, .dcm, .bin to .atr?

Draugr

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a program that can allow me to convert .com, .dcm, .bin to .atr files? I have a few .bin and .dcm files I'd like to convert to .atr.

Also, is there a program out there that will allow me to go into a disk image and pull out specific files? Ex: I have a disk image with 5 games on it. I'd like to pull out one game and put it in its own disk file (atr). Is there a program that does this and what is its name? I know for the Commodore 64 there is Starcommander. That is a nice dual window DOS program that allows me to manipulate C64 disk images and even save them to actual C64 floppies. If anyone knows of a Atari 8-bit program that can do this please let me know.

Thanks

John

Here's a DCM to ATR conversion utility...

http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/aminet/util/con...onv/DCM2ATR.lha

(open with WinRar)

I don't think that you'd want to convert .bins to ATR...since those are copies of rom chips (carts), and often attempt to write over themselves during initialization (as a form of copy-protection). If the actual cart is in use, writing will have no effect. But you could drop into Atari800Win's monitor mode and do a disk save of the rom area there.

COM's are Atari-executables, right? You could use Atari Dos to do a file copy from the hard drive folder that holds the COM file and copy it to an .atr in one of the drives.

And you can do an Atari file copy from one .atr image that contains multiple games and copy each one to it's own .atr in a different drive. If you need a blank disk, just use Explorer to copy the Dos2.atr with a different name. Rename the game file in the .atr to Autorun.sys (if the game is machine language), and it will boot right up.

Does anyone know if there is a program that can allow me to convert .com, .dcm, .bin to .atr files?

XFD - DCM - SCP - ATR conversion could be performed by my ACVT program.

exe/bin/com to ATR by Ken Sider's Makeatr.

Also, is there a program out there that will allow me to go into a disk image and pull out specific files?

My program ADIR could do it, but it's commandline only, no gui.

Archived