IGNORED

Games on cart

johnnywc

Hello all -

I am new to the Atari XE GS scene - I just picked one up on eBay. I still have my 800xl (my original one from 1984) with tons of games on disk. I was wondering if these games were available on cart:

1) Star League Baseball and Football

2) Montezuma's Revenge

3) Boulderdash

4) Realm of Impossibility (aka Zombies?)

If the games are not on cart, is there a way to do this? I recently bought a copy of M.U.L.E. from Sunmark so I know it's possible, just wanted to know if there is a service out there that can do it a la carte (like Hozer used to do for 2600 roms).

Thanks for any info!!

Hello all -  

I am new to the Atari XE GS scene - I just picked one up on eBay.  I still have my 800xl (my original one from 1984) with tons of games on disk.  I was wondering if these games were available on cart:

1) Star League Baseball and Football

2) Montezuma's Revenge

3) Boulderdash

4) Realm of Impossibility (aka Zombies?)

If the games are not on cart, is there a way to do this?  I recently bought a copy of M.U.L.E. from Sunmark so I know it's possible, just wanted to know if there is a service out there that can do it a la carte (like Hozer used to do for 2600 roms).

Thanks for any info!!

"Boulderdash" might have been issued in limited quantities on cart by First Star, but I don't think that any of the other games ever were. I do know that "Realm of Impossibility" was issued on cassette, though, if you're interested.

I think your best bet is to contact Lance Ringquist (Video 61) or Nir Dary and ask either of them to put the games on cart for you.

Nir has put Montezuma's Revenge on cart, I've seen it up on ebay before. He used official PB cases so it looks like a real release. And yes Boulderdash was released, but is extremely rare. this one is $100+ on ebay most the time. Also I think Sunmark has a service where they can put games on cart, but none of these games are listed as candidates yet.

So what are these Star Leagues like?

Thanks for the info. I guess I won't be getting those on cart any time soon... :)

Anyway - the Star League sports games were pretty cool - here is a review of Star League Baseball:

http://www.cyberroach.com/analog/an19/star_league.htm

The football game was also pretty cool - very similar to Realsports Football by Atari. I haven't played either in about 20 years so I'm not sure if they've aged well...

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info.  I guess I won't be getting those on cart any time soon... :)

Anyway - the Star League sports games were pretty cool - here is a review of Star League Baseball:

http://www.cyberroach.com/analog/an19/star_league.htm

The football game was also pretty cool - very similar to Realsports Football by Atari.  I haven't played either in about 20 years so I'm not sure if they've aged well...  

Thanks again!

Star League baseball is one of my alltime favorites as well. It still holds up after 20 years for me. I had an old childhood friend come over a few months ago and we got back into that game like no time had passed. Have to love those 200-mph fastball heaters :)

Archived