IGNORED

2 Lynx IIs need help....one more than the other ^_^

Tenchi_alex

Ello ello everyone! (^_^)/ My first posty here....so be happy...er...okies (^^;

Anyhoo, yeah I have 2 Lynx IIs and both have a problem....or two (^^;

Patient #194732 (Lynx II #1)

This Lynx II does power up, and everything runs swell.....erm well except that when I push the "backlight" button, both the light AND my screen dissapear!....(and no I am not playing in the dark :roll: ) A couple other things bother me.....#1) it does not show the "instert game" message (without a game in it of course).....well it did once for a fraction of a second... and #2) it seems like the flip button won't work....

Well, that's it for the first one Doctor; do you have any suggestions??

Patient #198983 (Lynx II #2)

:!: He's not responding!!! He IS breathing....BARELY! Must hurry!!

Yep, this Lynx will not power up.....however it is not 100% lifeless

For one, you are greeted with a lovely "POP" noise coming from the speaker....nothing strange, but maybe this will be some usefull info :ponder: And second, I notice that there is some light appering in the lower left corner around the screen...

Other than those 2 things, it is.... :skull:

Well anyhoo, I hope some light (pun 50% intended) can be shown on these and thank you sooooo much for any help!! :lust:

Take GREAT care EVERYONE!! (^_^)/```

==Tenchi

This Lynx II does power up, and everything runs swell.....erm well except that when I push the "backlight" button, both the light AND my screen dissapear!....(and no I am not playing in the dark  :roll: )   A couple other things bother me.....#1) it does not show the "instert game" message (without a game in it of course).....well it did once for a fraction of a second...  and #2) it seems like the flip button won't work....

*pulls out tongue depressors... glues them together into a bridge and starts coloring in coloring book*

Dr. Atariman's diagnosis -- The patient is perfectly fine. LCD is not the reflective type like the one use for the systems without a backlight. The backlight for a lynx is necessary.

As for the 'insert game' message, I dont' remember exactly, but I don't think that it comes on when there is absolutely nothing plugged in! I'll have to refer you to someone else for a definate answer on that one.

:!:  He's not responding!!!  He IS breathing....BARELY!  Must hurry!!

For one, you are greeted with a lovely "POP" noise coming from the speaker....nothing strange, but maybe this will be some usefull info  :ponder:   And second, I notice that there is some light appering in the lower left corner around the screen...

Dr Atariman's diagnosis -- *pulls out sucker* coping with death can be hard sometimes -- have a Wallypop!

I think that your second lynx is as dead as a doornail. If you ask me, I'd say keep it around for parts. But that's just my thought on it.

Ello ello everyone! (^_^)/  My first posty here....so be happy...er...okies (^^;

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here! :D

Anyhoo, yeah I have 2 Lynx IIs and both have a problem....or two (^^;

Patient #194732 (Lynx II #1)

This Lynx II does power up, and everything runs swell.....erm well except that when I push the "backlight" button, both the light AND my screen dissapear!....(and no I am not playing in the dark  :roll: )   A couple other things bother me.....#1) it does not show the "instert game" message (without a game in it of course).....well it did once for a fraction of a second...  and #2) it seems like the flip button won't work....

This actually seems like normal operation to me. Turning off the "backlight" also essentially turns off the screen, since the screen is actually backlit. Since it doesn't use a "reflective" screen like the GBA, you're unable to see anything on it when the backlight is turned off. As for the flip button, I'm not sure what's causing that. Could just be that the button needs its contacts cleaned, which would require taking the Lynx apart. Other than that, sounds like Lynx #1 is working just fine.

:!:  He's not responding!!!  He IS breathing....BARELY!  Must hurry!!

For one, you are greeted with a lovely "POP" noise coming from the speaker....nothing strange, but maybe this will be some usefull info  :ponder:   And second, I notice that there is some light appering in the lower left corner around the screen...

Sounds like this one may have passed on after all. The only thing I can really suggest is using a known working AC adapter with it, just in case you haven't done that yet. Other than that, this one may not be good for much other than spare parts. Perhaps someone else here knows a bit more about Lynx hardware problems?

Anyway, hope this helps! :D

just to make sure -- you are pressing the two lower buttons on the right side of the lynx to make it flip, right? Just thought I'd make sure. It always seemed rather awkward to have to press two buttons at once to make it flip. always seemed like I would end up pausing the game a coupla times before I got it right. lol.

Mood=happy

Music=Kung Food title diddy....(^-^)

Hiyas guys! (^_^)/ Wow, thanks for the quick responce! :D

Dr. Atariman's diagnosis -- The patient is perfectly fine. LCD is not the reflective type like the one use for the systems without a backlight. The backlight for a lynx is necessary.

Ahhh, okay I get it! ^_^.....Hmm, so the use of that funtion would be like if ya wanted to stop play for a little bit, you'd turn off the light and screen to reduce battery drain....that makes sence. ^_^

As for the 'insert game' message, I dont' remember exactly, but I don't think that it comes on when there is absolutely nothing plugged in! I'll have to refer you to someone else for a definate answer on that one.

Hmmm...okies, back to the waiting room... :sleep:

Dr Atariman's diagnosis -- *pulls out sucker* coping with death can be hard sometimes -- have a Wallypop!

:sad: ...He was a good kitty...... :o A WALLYPOP! AND IT'S WALLY-MELLON...MY FAVORITE!!! OH THANK YOU THANK YOU DOC!! :grin: ............. :roll:

I think that your second lynx is as dead as a doornail. If you ask me, I'd say keep it around for parts. But that's just my thought on it.

Hmm....Yeah, I'll keep it around for a little while see if there is another idea......if not......hey anyone want a Lynx II.....erm a dead one :? Price=free ^_^

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here!  :D

^-^ Thank you Spike...erm I meen Sauron! ^_^

As for the flip button, I'm not sure what's causing that. Could just be that the button needs its contacts cleaned, which would require taking the Lynx apart. Other than that, sounds like Lynx #1 is working just fine.

Hmm...could be....I'll check that out in a little bit....sorry I don't have the answer right now m_ _m

The only thing I can really suggest is using a known working AC adapter with it, just in case you haven't done that yet

Hehe, I tried that before and it didn't work.........but I tried it again just in case it worked via your words (^_^)

just to make sure -- you are pressing the two lower buttons on the right side of the lynx to make it flip, right? Just thought I'd make sure.

Oh! I didn't know about that! ^-^........However, I tried and it still no worky worky ^^

Whew......awww...no more stuff to quote! :(... :D (hmm...that kinda looked like bi-polar disorder...)

Anyhoo, thank you so VERY much for these wonderfull bits o info!! :) GROUP HUG!!.....Eh....why you run away??

^_^ See ya later! (^_^)/```

==Tenchi

just to do a quick clarification-type follow up, when I said the two bottom buttons on the lynx, I meant the two bottom options buttons, not the two bottom fire buttons. Just thought I'd make sure.

Interesting...from your description...the first one does indeed have a problem. You see...the backlight button should only turn off the backlight. Not the whole damn lynx!!..The fact that your screen goes dark is what is supposed to happen...but the power light should remain on the whole time!

However, I have seen a lynx 2 do this myself and have heard of about 2 or 3 others finding lynx 2 models with the same illness. No known cure for this odd thing.

However, the flip function is done by depressing the pause and option 2 buttons. However, you must remember that it does require some perfect timing and also....NOT ALL TITLES support this function. At least I am fairly certain they don't...because many games flip easily for me..while others I can't flip at all. So I don't think this works for every game.

The other Lynx 2 does sound dead...but perhaps can be brought back to life...

I however, do not know the cure for this....sorry... :sad:

I will however, take the lynx off your hands...if your interested?

Hiyas Atariman! *DUN DUN DAAAAAAA!!!!!*....ahem..^_~

just to do a quick clarification-type follow up, when I said the two bottom buttons on the lynx, I meant the two bottom options buttons, not the two bottom fire buttons.  Just thought I'd make sure.

---Well, that's what I tried the very first time but.........

Oh geesh, NOW it works ^_^

But, thank you VERY much for clarifying this.....as I didn't get the manual, I wasn't positive that worked ^_^

Oh, one more thing.....do you have another Wallypop?!?!?! (^-^)

Interesting...from your description...the first one does indeed have a problem. You see...the backlight button should only turn off the backlight. Not the whole damn lynx!!..The fact that your screen goes dark is what is supposed to happen...but the power light should remain on the whole time!

---Ahh!! Sorry sorry....by the "light" I did not meen the power light....I ment the backlight....(^^;

However, the flip function is done by depressing the pause and option 2 buttons. However, you must remember that it does require some perfect timing and also....NOT ALL TITLES support this function. At least I am fairly certain they don't...because many games flip easily for me..while others I can't flip at all. So I don't think this works for every game.

---^_^ Thank you also! ^_^ And I was wondering about that...that some games may in fact not support the flip funtion......by the way, I have been tempted SO MANY TIMES to put in something like, 'Well, I did get the game to flip simply by flipping the entire Lynx'...or 'I told it "Filp! Flip! Roll over! Good kitty!!' but thank goodness I was "sane" enough not to.......LOL ^_^

The other Lynx 2 does sound dead...but perhaps can be brought back to life...  

I however, do not know the cure for this....sorry...

---^_^ Much thanks anyways! :)

I will however, take the lynx off your hands...if your interested?

---Yay, a volunteer! (^_^) It's yours! ^_^ *turns to the Lynx II* "Some nice fellow has just adopted you!! ^_^"......*Lynx II just staires back.....blankly*... Eh....well I know he's happy.....just a little shy.. ^_^

Mucho thanks again!! (^_^)

==Tenchi

Archived