IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Bowl Game

RSS Bot

So, even though I wanted to wait until my Everdrive came, I still somehow managed to work on the game some more. I spent the whole night working on it, eventually going to sleep at about 3:30AM. Didn't get up until 1:30PM, so I didn't get my usual 12 hours of sleep. But it was so anger inducing. I bet I could have saved myself a few hours work if I had known a few more things about C. I decided to put in a wall. The wall was made of 8x8 bricks. Getting it the way I wanted took at least a few hours. Then came the hard part. I wanted to see if I could put a toilet in the game. I wanted it to look lifelike, so I tried to put a picture of a toilet into the game. The result was all messed up to say the least. So I downloaded a GB sprite editor and I had to draw a toilet. And it has to be a small toilet. 16x32 pixels. So after all that work and a whole night of working, this was the result:

The toilet here is a temporary one. I need to draw a better toilet. This was to see if I could get anything working. Changing the way the toilet looks should be easy. The graphics are stored in 8x8 pixel cubes of data I put in the beginning of the code, so I could just replace them. It shouldn't have to be so hard.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-9475-0-41752300-1480457077.png

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-13488-bowl-game/