IGNORED

My Top 5 Boxed SNES game.

mmertes

This was a fun video to put together, though it was a bit time consuming. I was re-organizing my games this weekend and I thought it would be fun to choose my top 5 boxed SNES games from my library. It recalled a lot of fun memories as I went through them:

If you had to put together a top 5 of your boxed or loose SNES games in your library, what games would be in the list?

• Like 3

This was a fun video to put together, though it was a bit time consuming. I was re-organizing my games this weekend and I thought it would be fun to choose my top 5 boxed SNES games from my library. It recalled a lot of fun memories as I went through them:

If you had to put together a top 5 of your boxed or loose SNES games in your library, what games would be in the list?

Nice choices Mike. :thumbsup:

Star Fox is a title that made me really made appreciate technology for what we had to offer in the early 90's. Such a great game that really made me think as a boy what other possibilities can we do with video games in the future. We were in for a wild ride that's for sure. :)

Thank you as always Mike. Keep up the great work as always bro. :)

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

Refreshing to see/hear such a nice and calm video game reviewer for a change! :)

The SNES was a big part of my gaming life as a young adult in the early 90's and sometimes miss not having one today. Top 5 games for me might look something like this:

Act Raiser

Castlevania IV

Contra III

NBA Jam (best, most playable version of them all IMO)

Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts

Really want to place Chrono Trigger and FFIII up there, but when thinking replayability (which they sort of still do for RPG's, they're that friggin' good), have to give the nod to the others I'd still want to play. Might get bored trying to play an RPG today. Yeah, pretty sure of it. Military Strategy games I can still do, but RPG's not so much. Would rather listen to their soundtracks on the HiFi. :rolling:

Honorable mentions off the top of my head and used to play the living shit out of, include these:

Super Mario IV

Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball

MLBPA Baseball or Super Bases Loaded (forget which now)

Rampart

Pilot Wings

Super R-Type

Axelay

Gradius III

Populous (though I played a lot on the Amiga, still liked this version)

Super Smash TV

Super Tennis

Joe and Mac

TMNT: IV

Final Fight

Mortal Kombat II

Side Pocket

Super Pinball Behind The Mask

Street Fighter II Turbo (excellent BITD but today, I prefer playing the PCE version)

U.N. Squadron

Refreshing to see/hear such a nice and calm video game reviewer for a change! :)

The SNES was a big part of my gaming life as a young adult in the early 90's and sometimes miss not having one today. Top 5 games for me might look something like this:

Act Raiser

Castlevania IV

Contra III

NBA Jam (best, most playable version of them all IMO)

Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts

Really want to place Chrono Trigger and FFIII up there, but when thinking replayability (which they sort of still do for RPG's, they're that friggin' good), have to give the nod to the others I'd still want to play. Might get bored trying to play an RPG today. Yeah, pretty sure of it. Military Strategy games I can still do, but RPG's not so much. Would rather listen to their soundtracks on the HiFi. :rolling:

Honorable mentions off the top of my head and used to play the living shit out of, include these:

Super Mario IV

Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball

MLBPA Baseball or Super Bases Loaded (forget which now)

Rampart

Pilot Wings

Super R-Type

Axelay

Gradius III

Populous (though I played a lot on the Amiga, still liked this version)

Super Smash TV

Super Tennis

Joe and Mac

TMNT: IV

Final Fight

Mortal Kombat II

Side Pocket

Super Pinball Behind The Mask

Street Fighter II Turbo (excellent BITD but today, I prefer playing the PCE version)

U.N. Squadron

Thank you! I always try to keep a calm demeanor in my videos as its what I prefer to watch as well. Too many angry people out there.

Just a few thoughts on your top 5:

Actraiser - What a great game! I loved the different elements the game provided. Both the simulation and action elements were fun and didn't seem like a chore. Fantastic music too.

Castlevania 4: I'm a huge Castlevania fan and just revisited 4 a few weeks ago. Challenging levels, great control and a soundtrack you could never forget.

Contra 3: I will never ever forget hearing the baseline from the first stage pumping out of a Super Nintendo display kiosk at Venture. This was one my little brother and I spent a ton of time playing together.

NBA Jam: My brother and I were both huge Bulls fans when the original NBA Jam came out and we played it like crazy. We'd often interject the commentary from the game into our real life street court games. Wish we had a 4 player adapter back then to play it!

Super Ghouls N Ghosts: I love the series, but now that I think about it I don't think I've ever really finished a game in this series! I may have to fix that before the end of the year!

Some great choices you've made for the honorable mentions too. I've had a great time with most of the ones you mentioned.

Nice choices Mike. :thumbsup:

Star Fox is a title that made me really made appreciate technology for what we had to offer in the early 90's. Such a great game that really made me think as a boy what other possibilities can we do with video games in the future. We were in for a wild ride that's for sure. :)

Thank you as always Mike. Keep up the great work as always bro. :)

Anthony...

Thanks for always watching man! :)

• Like 1