IGNORED

Joust cartridge question

That's what mine basically looks like.  I'll take a photo later and post it for comparison.  I assume it is an official release.

It must be. The Atari Cart Dumping project only lists a "square grey case" as a release in 1987, but I'm sure that some rounded ones must have been used as well.

No, my cart is one of the rounded grey cases (e.g. "Mario Brothers", "Crystal Castles"). I doubt it's a rare issue -- Atari probably just had a few extra "Joust" ROMS and stuck them in the newer cases.

The silver label does stand out on the newer carts, though.

So, you have a Joust with an XL label and XE cart. :) I have a few mismatched ones myself. :D

They're the kind of things that drive label variation collectors crazy. :twisted:

Mitch

I have more of those carts in that case with that label. I think it's not so rarel, but since i'm from europe, maybe it's an european cart or a pal cart ?

Thelen

I think it was just a fluke -- nothing rare. It's definitely a NTSC cart, though. :)

I have more of those carts in that case with that label. I think it's not so rarel, but since i'm from europe, maybe it's an european cart or a pal cart ?

Thelen

Yes, when Atari Benelux vanished, a toystore sold a lot of 800XEs with games for cheap in The Netherlands. I got Pole Position, Moon Patrol, Donkey Kong Jr., Tennis, Joust, and Football in XE cases with XL labels.

Atari probably re-released a bunch of old games when they tried to sell the 800XE and XE games system.

Robert

Archived