IGNORED

The E.T. Remake Has Arrived

namco

No, this is not a joke.

I've been developing this on and off for the past 8 years and I finally released it last month. I decided to do it because I was doing a remakes competition and I wanted to do something other than the obvious. Unfortunately I never finished it in time for the competition but I carried on with the game anyway.

There is still some work to add in (like more sound fx, and music etc) which will be added as I'm in post-release bug fixing mode and those bugs that I intend to fix are listed on the website and in the readme file. I've already updated the game to version 1.1 a few days ago.

For the most part the main aim of the game has not been changed, as there was nothing wrong with it, but you will see that there are no visible holes. They are there you just need to find them, with the help of the indicator at the bottom left of the screen. If it shows fauna, then no hole. Otherwise there'll be a hole with a question mark (not visited) or a hole with a cross (visited).

title-first-transition.png

washington-dc-et.png

Download

• Like 4

I'll check this out when I get time to.

I feel the retro remakes circle is being too overshadowed. There's a Tunnel Remake remake I found recently, and I'm surprised it hasn't been already remade tons of times. I've also made a lot of Atari 2600-styled games (some are aimed to be highly authentic), but all everyone cares about are actual games that run on the hardware.

• 2 weeks later...
Version 1.2 of ET Remake on the way

Added:

- version number added to the window title

- added instructions screens

- added hole drop sound

- added reese's pieces pickup sound

Currently working on the music and I've just installed a VM with Slackware and compiled the program and it's running great. So I'm now looking at possibly setting up a MacOS VM.

• 4 months later...

Version 1.2 finally released with the above added, music added and an annoying bug that crippled the game on start fixed!

Currently (as of writing this at 2:27 GMT) my host is being shit so you may have to wait to download it.