IGNORED

Retroblox

omnispiro

The people that can't afford the $450 consoles are probably going to buy 2 or 3 cheaper consoles that add up to $450 or more..

exactly, and when you factor in the everdrive savings, seemed like a no brainer to me, previous avs + everdrive owner here. in the life in gaming livestream he even teased that genesis is possible.

Edited by Tusecsy

With the work that kevtris is doing, is there a need for ANY other console?

Apparently not. I mean, he basically designed the NT Mini NES, then was like, hey kids, now you can play Sega/Atari/Coleco on your NES.Basically a wet dream of yours, if that all incompassing reality had been realised. What if someone told you as a kid, in thirty years, your multi-console will be a reality, but it only has needed a single "chip" to do it all, not fifty? Your pants would have been soiled! :grin:
  • Like 3

Apparently not. I mean, he basically designed the NT Mini NES, then was like, hey kids, now you can play Sega/Atari/Coleco on your NES.Basically a wet dream of yours, if that all incompassing reality had been realised. What if someone told you as a kid, in thirty years, your multi-console will be a reality, but it only has needed a single "chip" to do it all, not fifty? Your pants would have been soiled! :grin:

Yes I would have wet myself even at the mere mention of a single-chip computer. Let alone chips as complex as xeon or ryzen, or one that could "re-wire" itself internally. How chips worked was still a mystery to me when I was imagining an AIO console. All I know was that I had to have something to save space. It drove me nuts trying to organize and set-up and tear down my consoles as I played them.

exactly, and when you factor in the everdrive savings, seemed like a no brainer to me, previous avs + everdrive owner here. in the life in gaming livestream he even teased that genesis is possible.

That was a good video. I especially liked the Ben Heckendorn comment, or lack of. I think it was in that video.. I swear the guy had a cult following and all he did was repackage electronics. No design beyond adding a power switch.

For a mere $450, which is a lot less than some of the cheesy computers of the day, especially adjusted for inflation. What a world!

Had I not just spent an equivalent amount on Nintendo Switch I'd be so very tempted.

• Like 1

1ksvge.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

• Like 1

For a mere $450, which is a lot less than some of the cheesy computers of the day, especially adjusted for inflation. What a world!

Had I not just spent an equivalent amount on Nintendo Switch I'd be so very tempted.

Yeah, I spent an assload on Switch, and Zelda Collector's Edition for that matter. Three days in a row, I've seen the sun come up outside while playing Zelda BOTW. It's unbelieavable how good and real that game is! So far just slogging through blazing my own trail since I have no guide (Amazon hasn't shipped it yet)

and cooking meals and elixors with no help from anyone. I've only made one bad dish so far. I even went completely out of range where the Sheika tablet went to static. Apparently the game actually lets you do that, no invisible walls either, just a wall of haze and it's full of enemies that will kill you quickly. You really don't wanna get lost off the grid, and don't even think about saving out there...

The radio silence is telling...

"No, no, he's not dead! He's ... he's restin'! Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue, isn't it, ay? Beautiful plumage!"

But seriously ... these guys still have a chance to come through.

At least they've not been constantly stepping into the limelight and shooting themselves in the foot.

But neither have they answered the questions or concerns of technically-minded skeptics.

The onus is on them to prove the claims that they've made about their amazing "Patent Pending" technology.

They haven't done that yet ... but neither have they shown stuff that's been debunked ... it could still go either way.

But the odds don't seem to be in their favor.

• Like 1

"No, no, he's not dead! He's ... he's restin'! Remarkable bird, the Norwegian Blue, isn't it, ay? Beautiful plumage!"

But seriously ... these guys still have a chance to come through.

At least they've not been constantly stepping into the limelight and shooting themselves in the foot.

But neither have they answered the questions or concerns of technically-minded skeptics.

The onus is on them to prove the claims that they've made about their amazing "Patent Pending" technology.

They haven't done that yet ... but neither have they shown stuff that's been debunked ... it could still go either way.

But the odds don't seem to be in their favor.

More to the point, HISTORY is not in their favor. I acknowledge that the Retroblox team might be the first to succeed where so many have failed... but they've given precious little with which to build confidence.

• Like 1

Side note1: What i uncovered was a flaw in Emulator Stella for the VCS. The ROM selection screen takes an extra 3 watts above and beyond what is consumed while running the emulator. Must be some sort of faulty programming with funky loops in the sort routine going on. Could even be the graphic mode. Don't know. Don't care to investigate further.

The ROM launcher was set to run at 60fps, the same as during emulation. However, it doesn't need to be set that high for what is essentially a non-moving image most of the time. In the latest pre-releases, I've dropped this to 30fps, which reduces CPU usage by up to 30% on some systems.

The ROM launcher was set to run at 60fps, the same as during emulation. However, it doesn't need to be set that high for what is essentially a non-moving image most of the time. In the latest pre-releases, I've dropped this to 30fps, which reduces CPU usage by up to 30% on some systems.

I see. Nevertheless any pre-release 5.xx or even 4.7.3 the processor usage pegs at 100% in the ROM launcher. But in 3.93 the ROM launcher consumes next to nothing in processor usage. It gets lost in the background noise.