IGNORED

Retroblox

omnispiro

With all the time they spent navel-gazing over a new name, they could have announced something concrete. Consider that their Kickstarter was supposed to be LAST MONTH, which was to have all the tech info. Now they're two months late, have nothing to show, and still won't acknowledge that they've been pulling a Kennedy all this time.

Instead of cornering the market on retro games....

Cornering the market on BS (pulling a Kennedy). There are plenty of other people that do that already, but I am not going there.

• Like 1

PolyMega - A retro game console with dockable modules, ie multiple systems you pay extra for.

Also sounds eerily similar to:

Polygamy - A life network of dockable modules, ie multiple wives you must support financially.

The first seems to be a scam. The second is still legal in Utah last I checked. Both money pits.

• Like 3

post-9942-0-82605200-1496262548.png

Oh, boy! We've got a super-amazing-awesome announcement! What do you want to bet it'll be case colors, or low serial numbers? Have they been courted by Indiegogo?

post-9942-0-47474300-1496262665.png

You know, in order to "resume" doing something, you need to have done it in the first place. Just sayin'.

• Like 2

Hah not the only one who saw the polygamy joke in there with the name and their intent behind it. Nice one. :D

Ooh, I'm just getting started. If you choose one game console and stick to it, you are a mono-game-ist. Most gamers however are poly-game-ist if like me, they own two or more game consoles and actively play on them! :grin:

Unlike life partners, your Nintendo won't get jealous and backstab you or burn your shit if you decide to play a bit of Atari or have a date with Sega once in a while... :o

• Like 1

I realize that the quality of the name is purely subjective and not at all related to the quality of the product... but I'm amazed that after two months, that was the best they could do. It actually makes "RetroBlox" sound clever by comparison.

And, again, it doesn't in any way explain why they couldn't release news about the technical details of the product in the meantime.

• Like 2

Ooh, I'm just getting started. If you choose one game console and stick to it, you are a mono-game-ist. Most gamers however are poly-game-ist if like me, they own two or more game consoles and actively play on them! :grin:

Unlike life partners, your Nintendo won't get jealous and backstab you or burn your shit if you decide to play a bit of Atari or have a date with Sega once in a while... :o

Not so sure about that. I may have had a SNES and Genesis close together and thought I heard faint arguing in the background. When I came back, the stack of neat carts for the other system was instead in a pile.

Could have sworn the OG Xbox was trying to push the PS2 off the shelf, slowly, inch by inch....

• Like 1

polymega? you'd have to try pretty hard to find a more generic name. i hate to crap on it, and i understand what they're going for. 'lets brand something that defines the very tenet this system expresses!' yeah...thats fucking dumb. knock it off. you doom yourself when you brand a nebulous ANYTHING that you dont have a clear vision on. polymega. come the fuck on!

• Like 3

polymega? you'd have to try pretty hard to find a more generic name. i hate to crap on it, and i understand what they're going for. 'lets brand something that defines the very tenet this system expresses!' yeah...thats fucking dumb. knock it off. you doom yourself when you brand a nebulous ANYTHING that you dont have a clear vision on. polymega. come the fuck on!

RetroBlox was a 1000 times better IMO. Polymega just screams of "unlicensed Chinese plug and play" IMO.

• Like 3

post-9942-0-36585600-1496542224.png

Fully funded, just doing pre-orders to gauge interest? If true, that's actually a good place to be. Though considering the development itself seems to be in the early stages (as evidenced by the fauxtotype) I wonder who would bankroll a project like this without even trying to seek additional funds?