IGNORED

Atari 400 lot $100 BIN, am I asking too much?

SRGilbert

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142277895237

Posted this a few days ago, and I'm getting a ton of views and a bunch of people watching it, but no sale. I can't remember when I had this much apparent interest where it didn't sell right away. I know it's probably a bit on the high end for a lot of US who probably have all of it, but I think it's a good starter set and it's in really nice condition.

EDIT: I just added the option to use FedEx Ground, let's see if that makes a difference! I hate using them though. I have to go to FedEx Kinkos to do it, and it's ALWAYS a pain. And I used to work there, so I should know!

Edited by SRGilbert

When I do USPS from 48864 to 30907 (my zip) I get $31 for 13 pounds. Your auction calculator says $41.55.

This is *before* the Ebay/Paypal discount, so it shouldn't be that high in any case.

UPS Ground is cheaper for heavy packages- it's only $20 before the discount.

Edited by R.Cade

When I do USPS from 48864 to 30907 (my zip) I get $31 for 13 pounds. Your auction calculator says $41.55.

This is *before* the Ebay/Paypal discount, so it shouldn't be that high in any case.

UPS Ground is cheaper for heavy packages- it's only $20 before the discount.

It's a pretty big box at 19x16x11, what calculator are you using to get the $31 price? Even the USPS calculator on their page comes in at exactly $41.55 for Priority 3-day.

Ah, the "large package" penalty.

Just add UPS ground and Fedex Home Delivery. It's less than half that price. Makes it more attractive to buyers.

If nobody bites, keep lowering your price. It takes a while to sell sometimes. I put stuff up for weeks/months.

As you might guess, there aren't a ton of people looking for Atari 400's.

Edited by R.Cade

I just couldn't help but notice that I was getting a TON of views, and like 9 watchers just since Monday, which I don't normally see. It's probably the shipping like you guys said. I'm just always paranoid about shipping. USPS has actually been VERY reliable to me. And once you start adding options I'm paranoid I've done something wrong. On more than one occasion I've screwed something up and ended up costing myself more than if I just tossed in the trash!

Forget the shipping for a moment... real issue here is the way you've got it packaged (just threw everything on top of the unit) scares the hell out of me. No way I'm the only one that feels that way. This is the kind of listing that I'd pass right by and never give a second thought to. :lol:

Shouldn't even have the power adapter up against the side of the unit without padding of some kind. Way it looks, system and the keyboard will be all marked up and smashed to bits. :(

Guaranteed.

• Like 1

Forget the shipping for a moment... real issue here is the way you've got it packaged (just threw everything on top of the unit) scares the hell out of me. No way I'm the only one that feels that way. This is the kind of listing that I'd pass right by and never give a second thought to. :lol:

Shouldn't even have the power adapter up against the side of the unit without padding of some kind. Way it looks, system and the keyboard will be all marked up and smashed to bits. :(

Guaranteed.

Don't worry, I wasn't going to ship it that way! I just wanted a pic that showed everything all together. I'd wrap all the stuff up, I'm a good shipper, never had a claim.

But I can see your point, I'll pull that picture so people don't get the wrong idea.

Edited by SRGilbert

Don't worry, I wasn't going to ship it that way! I just wanted a pic that showed everything all together. I'd wrap all the stuff up, I'm a good shipper, never had a claim.

But I can see your point, I'll pull that picture so people don't get the wrong idea.

Haha, see you've taken care of it. For me though, I can't unsee that image. :rolling:

On a serious note, that 400 is in way too nice a shape NOT to package her well. Great setup you've got there! Hope it finds a good home and safely. :)

• Like 1

Haha, see you've taken care of it. For me though, I can't unsee that image. :rolling:

On a serious note, that 400 is in way too nice a shape NOT to package her well. Great setup you've got there! Hope it finds a good home and safely. :)

Yeah, I move fast! Seriously though, I'm pretty proud of my feedback record and I don't intend on screwing it up. :D

• Like 1

The shipping shows $51 for me. I have to scroll down and click the shipping tab to see the cheaper shipping. That is likely a problem since I usually don't scroll down and click the shipping tab when browsing auctions. I would normally just keep looking for an auction with cheaper shipping.