IGNORED

Lifetime warranty? 2 Years?

reklen

• 1 month later...

Best Buy has the worst rep for standing behind anything they sell. Their extended warranties are worthless, and 17 people can back me up. Really don't get me started about Geek Squad, I could literally post 100s of Geek Squad horror stories. Including one case I will tell you, the manager of this one Best Buy store needed to get his laptop fixed. Since he would get a employee discount, he had Geek Squad fix it. He waited and waited for it to return to his store after a month passed. He checked to see what happened, it seems his laptop vanished, and someone failed to try to delete it from the system. I got that story from an employee at that very same store.

Best Buy has the worst rep for standing behind anything they sell. Their extended warranties are worthless, and 17 people can back me up. Really don't get me started about Geek Squad, I could literally post 100s of Geek Squad horror stories. Including one case I will tell you, the manager of this one Best Buy store needed to get his laptop fixed. Since he would get a employee discount, he had Geek Squad fix it. He waited and waited for it to return to his store after a month passed. He checked to see what happened, it seems his laptop vanished, and someone failed to try to delete it from the system. I got that story from an employee at that very same store.

He means BEST Electronics, not Best Buy

• Like 2

I bought two 5200 gold plated joysticks from Best about two years ago. Today, one of the joysticks quit working. That is the number 1 button doesn't work. Has anyone sent gold plated joysticks back to BEST to get fixed? Two years isn't very long for lifetime joysticks.

I haven't with mine..Did you try the other joystick in port 1 yet?

I put the other Joystick I got in from Best, and it still works fine. Right now the only key that doesn't work is the number one key, so it doesn't affect many games, but it is just disappoiniting. I pretty much just use them for the keyboard, because I prefer the WICO sticks. I'd buy a Masterplay clone, but I'm afraid the same thing would happen with it.

I put the other Joystick I got in from Best, and it still works fine. Right now the only key that doesn't work is the number one key, so it doesn't affect many games, but it is just disappoiniting. I pretty much just use them for the keyboard, because I prefer the WICO sticks. I'd buy a Masterplay clone, but I'm afraid the same thing would happen with it.

Well, call Best and see if Brad can fix you up, Also make sure you still have your invoice papers.

• Like 1