IGNORED

Video Capture -- 9918 to PC (on the cheap)

Omega-TI

I'd say you are running a version older than 391 when scanlines were introduced. It's not locked up. It's just trying to render about 400 frames per second (due to a bad assumption on my part that these scenes abuse). If you waited, or pressed space to skip, it would advance to the next scene. All the scanline-based scenes do that on the older Classic99. :)

• Like 1

Would like to see how that works.

It is just a a normal RCA jacks from TI plugged into my Samsung TV/Monitor with output to the Computer.

You can do the same thing with a Cam Recorder that has input output jacks so you can record and see it on a TV at same time.

Of course you need a Coaxial Cable adapter to RCA jack to do this.

TI99/4A >>> RCA cable ends >>> Coaxial Cable adapter >>> TV screws on TV >>> same screws on TV >>> Coaxial Cable adapter >>> S-Video cable >>> Computer Video Card.

As TV's no longer have these screws on back you would have to hack splice a set of cables with a T thus:

TI99/4A >>> RCA cable ends >>> RCA input cable hacked with spliced ends for two RCA outputs for a total of 6 jacks. i.e. 2 Left, 2 Right, 2 video

Note the only computer that can use my ATI RADON 9550 has died, but I guess I could borrow my Grandson's for a demo if need be.

Edited by RXB

There are a host of transfer devices on eBay ranging from $2,99 to about $75 in price. I elected for one in the middle but had to buy some male-to-male adapters to connect to my elderly VCR ($5 for five of them). They all appear to work fine and are similar. Remember to have the device plugged in when you install the program so it can find the "OEM device" and add it to the list of input options.

It is just a a normal RCA jacks from TI plugged into my Samsung TV/Monitor with output to the Computer.

You can do the same thing with a Cam Recorder that has input output jacks so you can record and see it on a TV at same time.

Of course you need a Coaxial Cable adapter to RCA jack to do this.

TI99/4A >>> RCA cable ends >>> Coaxial Cable adapter >>> TV screws on TV >>> same screws on TV >>> Coaxial Cable adapter >>> S-Video cable >>> Computer Video Card.

As TV's no longer have these screws on back you would have to hack splice a set of cables with a T thus:

TI99/4A >>> RCA cable ends >>> RCA input cable hacked with spliced ends for two RCA outputs for a total of 6 jacks. i.e. 2 Left, 2 Right, 2 video

Note the only computer that can use my ATI RADON 9550 has died, but I guess I could borrow my Grandson's for a demo if need be.

I meant how the video would look. I remember the old ATI All-in-Wonder cards and they were awesome. I would not encourage you to go through a lot of trouble just to satisfy my curiosity.

• Like 2

Sorry, the software that comes with it is WinDoze only...

Yes, saw that - and a lot of PeeCee "only" descriptors like to pretend they're the only platform around. But more often than not, OSX has built in drivers for this stuff... thing is, you don't know until you plug it in, plug it in. That's why I asked. :grin:

Oh well, thing is cheap enough - so might just take a chance and see for myself if nobody knows for sure. :)