IGNORED

Satan inside STE

• 4 weeks later...

Nice work, very clean install. I may consider doing something like that with my STE.

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

Works well. I have to admit that I bought an external ultrasatan just incase it didn't work so had to solder on a FDD power socket on there to use it. But I suspect you'd be ok with the internal ultrasatan and it'll save a few Euros to boot.

I don't have a diagram. It doesn't really need one, it's pretty straight forward.

ATX pin outs here: http://pinouts.ru/Power/atxpower_pinout.shtml

ST wants (from what I remember) 2x 5v, 3x GND and 1x 12v. If you want to use the power switch in the ST to turn the PSU on and off there's an ATX control line that you can connect up to one side of the switch, ground on the other. Or if you want to use the swtich on the PSU, just link them at the socket. I bought an ATX extension lead and made a cable out of that that went to a 7 pin DIN plug. Then made the insides of the ST to match that.

I'd still recommend metering everything to be sure. Because you don't want to get anything on that wrong. I also tidied up the ATX supply by removing all the unneeded cables (you don't need to do that). I left it socketed so I could potentially make other adapters for other systems. FWIW I think I used a 300W BeQUIET ATX PSU. It's nigh on silent when running the ST. But when I was testing it I was using an old Compaq PSU out of an old PC I have kicking around ;)

post-49282-0-49542900-1491295126_thumb.jpg

I don't have a diagram. It doesn't really need one, it's pretty straight forward.

ATX pin outs here: http://pinouts.ru/Power/atxpower_pinout.shtml

ST wants (from what I remember) 2x 5v, 3x GND and 1x 12v. If you want to use the power switch in the ST to turn the PSU on and off there's an ATX control line that you can connect up to one side of the switch, ground on the other. Or if you want to use the swtich on the PSU, just link them at the socket. I bought an ATX extension lead and made a cable out of that that went to a 7 pin DIN plug. Then made the insides of the ST to match that.

I'd still recommend metering everything to be sure. Because you don't want to get anything on that wrong. I also tidied up the ATX supply by removing all the unneeded cables (you don't need to do that). I left it socketed so I could potentially make other adapters for other systems. FWIW I think I used a 300W BeQUIET ATX PSU. It's nigh on silent when running the ST. But when I was testing it I was using an old Compaq PSU out of an old PC I have kicking around ;)

Cool, being that my business is IT, I have no shortage of ATX PSUs lying around. I'm adding this to my projects list. Thanks!

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk cassette

• Like 1