IGNORED

Shantae Half-Genie Hero coming to Switch (physical)

Rev

That's a nice one too, that franchise is quite popular. I got a bad start with it so I've mostly ignored it which probably isn't fair. The overrated in price ($300~) club GBC release I didn't think much of as it got kind of confusing and un-fun. The sequel I did on a touch screen which is not helpful, played far better but still found myself confused what to do at times but I could see it as a learning curve they were doing better with. I've yet to play the other stuff, probably should look into it, and I think I got the 3rd one on GoG or Steam, something, was a gimme, so the option is there.

I hope it's a successful run.

We're seeing more and more of these should be digital only games getting these $20-40 press runs on the Switch which is truly fantastic from stuff like Has Been Heroes ($20) to the upcoming RIME ($40.) Then there's I Am Setsuna if you import it in the upper end of that range, Cave Story + at $30 with some extras, and so on. It's a good system to really support if you want portability and not, but also a physical option to usually DRM locked down games on download.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone aware if the physical release is still inbound? I saw this in the E-shop and was tempted to download it then and there. It's a terrific 2D platformer and i'd gladly pay to pick it up again despite owning it on the Wii U. It's be worth it just to be able to play it in a portable capacity..

Still....if it's coming out on a cart still I will definitely hold out.