IGNORED

Power issues with my 4-port 5200 (no power light)

barrelsAndRivets

Just now, endor16 said:

correct

Pretty sure you shouldn't have any voltage coming off that until the console is actually powered on and sends the signal to the switch  box to actually switch on and provide the full power down the cable. Do you get a spark when you plug the RF cable into the switch box as well then? Again, a multi-meter in continuity mode to check if there is a break in that RF cable quickly answer the RF cable question. 

4 minutes ago, endor16 said:

just did a continuity test and get the beeps as indicated.  tested from solder point of rf cable to other end that plugs into rf port on switch box

regardless of anything at the bare minimum should i have power at the solder point on the mainboard from the rf cable  ( some sort of voltage)?

I just tested using my own 4 port switch box. And I can confirm that with my 5200 PSU plugged into it, there is NO power coming off the RCA jack on the switchbox because again, the relay has not switched over to complete that part of the circuit. So the fact that you are reading any voltage off that RCA jack on the switch box without the RF cable attached would indicate to me, that the issue is likely the switch box at this point.

If it were providing proper voltage on the RCA then yes you should read about +12v off the solder points of the RF cable. Just to make sure when you checked the voltage off the switch box, you had the red probe in the center of the rca jack and black on the outside correct?

21 minutes ago, endor16 said:

The above pics were out of order but I assume u got the just of it. 

Yes, odd that the PSU you posted doesn't show the polarity, but I assume it is center tip positive?

But to get back on point now. You are certain you are getting +12v off the RCA jack from the RF switch box when you have the AC plugged in and without the 5200 connected? Because...you shouldn't be.