IGNORED

Lynx Problem: Need Workbench Wizards Sound Advice....

trailmobile

I know since the beginning of the Lynx in 89 that individuals have tweeked and tinkered with the motherboard on this system...ie.. emulators, 24 mhz enhancers, etc....My question is: I have removed the semiconductor in slot Q12, after doing the initial test from power source to ground to determine this was the problem, off of several of my working Lynx II systems and transfered into several of my non-working systems with the problematic on/off dilemma. There has to be more than just replacing the semi without pulling out a test meter that someone possibly has already determined as a secondary capacitor to this part . I have soldered the center anode to an outside cathode which will turn the unit on and let gameplay proceed and to turn it off remove the batteries. I do not believe that the system is fried and to replace it with another when you can buy conductors and capacitors at a fraction of a dollar.

Okay. Here we go! chris_lynx 1989 says lets hear more....Lets try this. I have in my possession 6 Lynx II systems and 3 Lynx 1 systems, some work, some I need the forums help on. As an individual, old school hippy from the 70's, that would get quarters, not dollars, from his parents (because that wasn't what fit in the slot) , to go to the arcade at the mall and spend endless hours on an Atari standup. I will not try to expect more than what this is all about but need serious advice! The Lynx..a personal game system and well worth everything Epyx has put into the origination. I respect what the Lynx forum is all about and have learned something here as well as anybody that has posted or read about since the beginning... but... other than telling you how to develop games and how to fix sticky buttons and remedy paint chips.....lets go to the system, which has made this emulation, overclocking , mhz boosts possible and fix basic power problems. I have seen technicians use oscilloscopes on equiptment to determine bad capacitors, relays, diodes, transistors and fix it for less than buying a replacement. Why hasn't anyone talked about this yet? Is it because the businesses that know this and will not let anybody know so that they may charge a repair bill? A forum is to talk about, help, refer to different problems and haven't seen this yet. I have watched this forum for a year and now have addressed the situation. Lots to say and hope this will bring other options into view........Thanks.

Archived