IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

R U just punking and trolling at this point? If you asked for a refund, it wouldn't even have been processed yet.

I promise I'm not joking. I need to stop looking at that damn indiegogo page. ><

Fuck man.

EDIT: Changed it to just the controller pack. So I'm only buying into the controllers. Hopefully that balances shit out.. I'm really indecisive.

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 1

I must admit, I've been thinking about re-pledging for a "Classic Controller" , as it's something that even they might have trouble screwing up. There is no guarantee it will work with anything but their box, though. (I guess with enough modding, anything is possible.) The Retron '77 controller looks like it might be a nice option, too, even if one might need to cannibalize the plastic guts from a genuine or after-market controller, for occasional repairs. icon_wink.gif

Edited by AtariNerd
  • Like 1

I must admit, I've been thinking about re-pledging for a "Classic Controller" , as it's something that even they might have trouble screwing up. There is no guarantee it will work with anything but their box, though. The Retron '77 controller looks like it might be a nice option, too, even if one might need to cannibalize the plastic guts from a genuine or after-market controller, for occasional repairs. icon_wink.gif

Well the modern controller has to work. It's just a regular bluetooth gamepad, and the system is a standard Linux-based PC essentially. I imagine it would even work with Android if you tried pairing it with your phone.

• Like 1

I promise I'm not joking. I need to stop looking at that damn indiegogo page. ><

Fuck man.

EDIT: Changed it to just the controller pack. So I'm only buying into the controllers. Hopefully that balances shit out.. I'm really indecisive.

You’ve got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em. Know when to walk away, know when to run.

• Like 6

Hot damn! I go away for a couple of days and I come back to another 20+ pages of circle jerking and taco posts. This thread is comedy gold. You know that you've completely disappeared up your own ass when you're willing to watch an HOUR LONG YouTube video telling you things that you already believe.

Oh, and that one "insider" claiming that this whole ill-received nostalgia based cash run was merely an attempt to boost the value of NuTari penny stock. That was pure hilarity. Hey, I've got some insider trading info for you as well. Taco Bell has over a dozen items on their new dollar menu. They're delicious and filling and only cost 99 cents each! Please don't tell anyone I told you this. I've already leaked more than I can say. :D

BTW, so I turned in that $10 scratch off ticket that I won for another two $5 tickets. I wound up winning another $20. If this keeps up I'll be able to completely recoup my losses on the Atari VCS funding by 2019.

• Like 1

There is a flaw in Flojomojo's Wager:

If I don't invest in That Ataribox, I can has tacos even 'if' it succeeds.

post-2410-0-87254300-1530299977_thumb.jpg

Well the modern controller has to work. It's just a regular bluetooth gamepad, and the system is a standard Linux-based PC essentially. I imagine it would even work with Android if you tried pairing it with your phone.

I'm all but certain it's going to be a somewhat reskinned XB360 control pad. That would be the most compatible, and in line with stuff the manufacturer already has.

• Like 1

Just checked the funding page. Only 12 hours remain! It's the final countdown!

$2,950,931 USD raised by 11203 backers with 12 hours remaining.

Place your bets now! Will there be a last minute spike in funding? Will they break 3 million? Will this topic have thousands of new taco posts? Who else is going to stick around for all the drama, the pageantry, the gnashing of teeth, and the "hey you kids get off my lawn" posts that are sure to come with the conclusion of this epic crowd funding campaign?

It's a great time to be a member of Atari Age. Grab your popcorn and get ready for the fun!

• Like 3

guys...… i'm fucking stupid. = w =

I'm very conflicted right now. I backed the console again...…… XP

I need real wood in my life. xD

HEEEEEELP..... x 3 x

Have another talk with your Father. He will no doubt need to move up to slapping some sense into you cause the tongue lashing didn't have a lasting effect. :P

(Get your money back kid, spend it on anything else and you will surely be more happy in the end)

• Like 6

You were a kid when big black Xbox was new. Wouldn't you rather have a throwback to that?

X-Box Mini would be kind of cute. Use parts of similar spec (well, compatible of playing games designed for), but on a modern little (not Huge like), mini PC. icon_wink.gif