IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

53 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

You know he says retropie, but who is to say they didn't take that and adapt it? Its all Linux and none of their games (Vault) need anything more than what a version of Retropie can do.

That's why they promote sandbox mode. It is nothing more than a suped up Pi. And you don't get to use the suped up part unless you buy a HD and install Linux or Windows on that. And before the supporters yell it can do so much more. What can it do that DOESN'T REQUIRE YOU to be the one to do it?

• Like 4

Is it just me or did Indiegogo re-word the terms of use for campaign owners to be more strict about fulfilling backers' requests/pledges?

https://www.indiegogo.com/about/terms?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ann-09202019&utm_term=&referral_code=iggemail 

28 minutes ago, Lodmot said:

Is it just me or did Indiegogo re-word the terms of use for campaign owners to be more strict about fulfilling backers' requests/pledges?

https://www.indiegogo.com/about/terms?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ann-09202019&utm_term=&referral_code=iggemail

Are they going to fulfill them like they were going to make a games announcement?

They don't have anything to show or are really really bad with their hype. Not everyone is a fan of the Amico, but you can't argue that when Tommy said he was going to show games, he showed games.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Got it before the ban. 

So, I am still waiting. I really want to know what they have. I really want to see them make a great comeback. Not sure why other than I have found memories of my Atari and I am done with Sony and Microsoft.

Screenshot_20190922-202723_Chrome.jpg

The supporters Facebook page started dialing back expectations a few days ago.   The thought is that as long as Atari backs the December ship date, that's what matters. 

I can't really argue with that line of thinking.   But when Atari keeps missing deadlines, doesn't a prudent person have to wonder why the December ship date will somehow be the one they make?

Edited by Agillig
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, MrBeefy said:

Well evidently this is your update. This is the most recent anything on the Atacobox. :P

That guy has truly elevated trolling to an art form.   It's an obvious fake, but it's a sliver of hope for the loyalists to grab on to.  Maybe Atari would just be better off throwing a Raspberry Pi into the VCS shell and shipping it?

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Agillig said:

The supporters Facebook page started dialing back expectations a few days ago. 

And that's one of the truly pathetic things about that group. They've continually lowered their expectations, and glossed over every Atari misstep, that they'll pretend to be happy with literally any semi-functional device that limps into their hands.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Agillig said:

The supporters Facebook page started dialing back expectations a few days ago.   The thought is that as long as Atari backs the December ship date, that's what matters. 

I can't really argue with that line of thinking.   But when Atari keeps missing deadlines, doesn't a prudent person have to wonder why the December ship date will somehow be the one they make?

I don't know why then think that is going to happen if they can't show a working device. What will probably be worse is that it will be in some horrible Beta. They will probably be the guinea pigs that end up officially killing it. At that point they don't have to support it with OS updates or anything, since it will be shipped and in their hands. There was no promise to continue to work on the thing.

1 minute ago, Agillig said:

That guy has truly elevated trolling to an art form.   It's an obvious fake, but it's a sliver of hope for the loyalists to grab on to.  Maybe Atari would just be better off throwing a Raspberry Pi into the VCS shell and shipping it?

Fake? Seems to be playing things just fine to me. Heck even an Adventure RPG it looks like. More real than anything they've shown. Maybe he should put for illustrative purposes only on all his videos.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I don't know why then think that is going to happen if they can't show a working device. What will probably be worse is that it will be in some horrible Beta. They will probably be the guinea pigs that end up officially killing it. At that point they don't have to support it with OS updates or anything, since it will be shipped and in their hands. There was no promise to continue to work on the thing.

That would fit with the existing Cut & Run narrative surrounding other Atari SA flops. Fred could claim they're into hardware, but it's a cult collectible, and hard to find. 

That vertical video makes me laugh. So what if it's a fake? RetroPie can do everything that the True Believers want out of the "VCS" anyway. Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Lynx, and Jaguar, in addition to the 8-bit computers. Anything that Arzt and Wyatt poops out at this point will be eagerly consumed by those who think they can do no wrong, and everyone else will just marvel at the outdated, underwhelming meh of it all.