IGNORED

8 bit/5200 Developer Mailing List?

Sauron

Just wondering if there's any kind of mailing list set up for 8 bit/5200 developers, similar to the Stella mailing list for the 2600 developers. I'm working on a project, and would certainly like an easy way of communicating with other 8bit developers in a semi-private manner. Anyone know of one?

• 2 weeks later...

Well if one doesn't exist, would someone like to start one? :D I think a mailing list would be a great way for us to keep in contact. I'd do it myself, but I'll have to look into what all it will involve before I commit to it.

Any particular reason you would want it more private than what you get in the Programming forum?

Yes, for discussion of games/projects that people may be working on that they don't want to announce to the general public just yet. Also, it might encourage some more of the eastern European 8bit developers to join in on discussions, as I know many of them would prefer not to have to deal with a message board. The Jaguar Underground Developers have such a list for those same reasons, and it's worked pretty well.

Ok guys, it's done! I've created a mailing list via Yahoo Groups for 8bit/5200 developers. You can access the website at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atari8bitdev/

The following email address are for subscribing and unsubscribing:

Subscribe: atari8bitdev-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Unsubscribe: atari8bitdev-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

Please shoot me an email if any of you have any questions.

Archived