IGNORED

Help with my lynx 1 power connector thing a ma bob

midwest_cdn

Yeah where u plug the ac adaptor part.It is very loose and you have to hold it in? I tried cutting the battery wires and hooking it to the adaptor.Well needless to say it quit working and the wire came out of the solder.No the unit didnt get fried or any thing.I was wanting just to hook the ac adaptor directly to the board( i dont care if it is portable, it just going to sit on my desk in my office.) what u think?

i thought of that already, so i removed the board and looked from the other side, and it not the solder it appears to be inside of the box. the pin seems loose allong with the whole power box but the solder is fine on the other side.If you wish i can take a pic of it?

Nice avitar by the way....

Back on topic, I would imagine you can just buy another socket from Radio Shack or something and solder that to the board, they cost peanuts. Although the pins might not align properly with the board, so you may have to drill a hole in the case and use a chassis mount one, and just run wires to the board.

I had to do a similar thing with a Lynx 1 as well, but I was lucky, it was just a dry joint where a previous owner had been playing inside with the soldering iron.

Well i have no 24 hour radio shack and i am jonesing for my fix of california games.I just broke the power box off the board exposing the connection on the board.I figure i am going to solder( if my iron still work) one to the back and one to the front so there are no shorts what so ever.Yeah like it eh, what can I say i am jag fan also !

Archived