IGNORED

Good battery life -- FINALLY

Atariman

I don't know how many people still just put batteries in their Lynx when they play it, but those new rechargeables really do quite well. I'm not talking about the NiCD rechargeables -- those only last about an hour. :roll:

I tried out the NiMH (nickel-metal hydride) batteries and I was extremely pleased with their performance. I figured it takes about 5-6 hours on these batteries to drain them completely. Just let them recharge in the charger, and you're ready to go again.

I was forced to use AA batteries after my battery pack's D cell's exploded all over the inside of it's case. (I'll hopefully be getting a new one soon)

So, I just figured for anyone that didn't know about these, you should try them out!

I'd suggest Renewal batteries myself. They're not Nicle metal whatevers or whateve it's called. they're akaline batteries like energizer or whatever. They charge in about 6 hours, come fully charged to begin with, and cost a lot less than the other brands of rechargabel batteries. And the best thing is they have no memory effect, and you can charge them hundreds of times. I've used them for years in all my handhelds. Only thing is, they don't store worth crap, so if you put your system away for a month, don't count on it coming on without charging the batteries first.

Archived