IGNORED

Video Problem

Grover Torbel

I've mostly revived a 5200 that looks like it was stored in a compost heap or landfill, but there is at least one remaining problem. Pole Position seems to work great, but Pac-Man has video corruption on the title screen. Game seems to play properly with no video corruption in actual gameplay. Both carts work great in another 5200. Any thoughts for a fix? Memory or GTIA, maybe?

4ae59cb6ac8b90d5b19124bd221edfc5.jpg

Edited by Grover Torbel

I'm more inclined to believe one of the RAM chips is at fault here. Have you tested any other games by chance besides the two you mentioned? Curious if you can get similar results from something like Ms. Pac-Man or Centipede...any other game with dedicated title screens before the game comes up.

I'm not a programmer, but I wonder if these title screens use a different graphics mode than the actual game does and that is part of it as well?

Just tossing spit wads here to see what sticks to help isolate where the issue might be.