IGNORED

2600 To 8-Bit Ports?

Atari Nut

Sort of:

Adventure II no to the Flashback version, though the 5200 one is a long time 'in progress' from the original developer. It'll be released "soon" (using the geologic time scale) :grin:

Night Driver: yes, http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=5916

Neither haunted house nor superman have been ported, to my knowledge. I'd love to see Haunted Adventure II ported.

Night Driver - isn't the initial VBXE concversion from the arcade? Was it ported also to legacy HW?

Adventure II - aren't there distinct different versions, the 5200 being a privateer effort with approval to use the name (and since converted to the computer).

Maze Craze - that would probably be a good conversion candidate. Likely a case of there being a bitmap retained of the maze which could dynamically be converted to A8 format.

Edited by Rybags

I have the 5200 Adventure II and I plan on getting the XE version when it gets released. I was curious about the Flashback 2 version which is a 2600 version like Adventure but with a different, more complex layout...

That Night Driver is nice. Wish there was an NTSC version. Thanks.

• Like 2

I have the 5200 Adventure II and I plan on getting the XE version when it gets released. I was curious about the Flashback 2 version which is a 2600 version like Adventure but with a different, more complex layout...

The Flashback 2 version was designed and programmed by Curt Vendel's team, based on the maps and gameplay of 5200 Adventure II , and it actually came out earlier than 5200 Adventure II embarrassing as it is to admit. :) 5200 AdvII came out May 2007. Adventure II XE .. hopefully 2017 but I have left it alone for a few months due to "life".

• Like 1

The Flashback 2 version was designed and programmed by Curt Vendel's team, based on the maps and gameplay of 5200 Adventure II , and it actually came out earlier than 5200 Adventure II embarrassing as it is to admit. :) 5200 AdvII came out May 2007. Adventure II XE .. hopefully 2017 but I have left it alone for a few months due to "life".

I'm looking forward to Adventure II XE.