IGNORED

Supra Microstuffer Manual ?

Dropcheck

I don't have the manual, but I'll second the request. I have the print buffer, and I've had to repair it twice.

Stephen, can you check something for me?

Does the ribbon cable exiting from the back of the box go to the printer or is the printer directly connected to the fixed Centronics port?

• 2 years later...
On 1/22/2020 at 6:55 AM, Dropcheck said:

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.  A quick question that has cropped up. 

What power supply are you using?

Sorry - I keep forgetting to dig this out and take a look.  IIRC, the original power supply was hard wired (soldered) to the mainboard.  Turns out it went bad, causing the unit to fail powering on.  My original repair was replacing the RAMs.  I'll leave myself a note to try to find what power supply I wired in when the original died sometime tomorrow.

10 hours ago, Stephen said:

Sorry - I keep forgetting to dig this out and take a look.  IIRC, the original power supply was hard wired (soldered) to the mainboard.  Turns out it went bad, causing the unit to fail powering on.  My original repair was replacing the RAMs.  I'll leave myself a note to try to find what power supply I wired in when the original died sometime tomorrow.

Thanks, Stephen, for looking. I bought one on Ebay recently but without the power supply. I can't find any info on it and there is no info on the unit itself.

OK - just went down and took a look.  I am using a 9VDC 1.5Amp power supply.  I am pretty certain that internally the unit is completely powered via a 7805 regulator.  The original supply which failed, was showing around 9V but it could not supply any current, so when the unit was powered on the voltage dropped too low to run reliably.

• Like 1

It just pried open - there's three friction fit pins along each of the long edges of the case.  These serve two purposes.  They of course keep the case together, and also, the PCB sits on those pins.  Apologies for the crap quality of the photos, but they were taken in 2007!

MPP MicroStuffer Repair

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I missed this the first time I looked at it earlier in the week. They included a scan of the power supply if anyone needs a power supply like myself.

P.S. Can anybody point me to a modern power supply that would be correct for my Microstuffer?

MicroStuffer-PrinterBuffer_Sleeve-Box-Sponge-Hardware-Power-Supply_Supra-Corporation (1) (dragged).jpg