IGNORED

Anyone have a complete Lynx collection?

norkusa

Just currious if any of you Lynx collectors have a complete collection of all the commercially released Lynx titles. I'm really starting to fall in love with this little system and thinking about collecting for it (got about 20 complete games for it so far...mostly common titles I got new off ebay). I'm almost finnished with my NES collection, so I need another system to start working on. What are the "must have" games for the Lynx? What are the hardest titles to get? Whats the most you ever paid for a Lynx cart? Also, anyone want to trade off of their extra carts to a new collector? ;)

It is not that difficult to complete a collection on the Lynx. There are games difficult to find though (Lemmings for example).

I'm far from having it complete but I already have around 40 games and it's increasing slowly. The problem is that it's hard to get stuff here in Argentina, and it is not very safe to order by air mail :(

NorkUSA! I have to say first thats an awesome icon, I LOVE Eraserhead! It is probobly my favorite film of all time. Besides that I have a very small lynx collection as I have just recently got back into the lynx scene after years in exile. :o

Shrinkwrapped and play copies of every commercially released (i.e. non homebrew) games. Real protos of Marlboro Man, Loopz and the Factory Test cart. Most of the homebrew games.

It's a disease but I think I'm finally over it.

Eric

I'm getting close. I currently have 97 games of which 77 are unique. 20 to go counting all productin releases, homebrews, and prototypes.

I have 5 more official "Atari" releases to go (most are easily gettable but I've been picking up homebrews & post production games instead)

BasketBrawl (saving the best for last :D )

Dinolympics

Ninja Gaiden III

Super Off-Road (see basketbrawl)

World Class Foosball/Soccer (see basketbrawl)

I also have 5 "post production" releases to go

Bubble Trouble

Fat Bobby

Hyperdrome

Krazy Ace Miniture Golf

Raiden

and 5 "homebrews" left to get

Driving School Theory Test (don't think I'll ever see one of these)

LGSS cart

Remnant; Planar Wars 3-D

Sokomania

Cybervirus: CinciClassic Edition (I have the other one)

And 10 "proto/demo/unreleased" games

Aliens Vs. Preditor

Centipede

Daemonsgate

Digital Music Demo "Dragnet" (demo)

Eye of the Beholder (I'm going to get one of these yet)

Load Runner

Loopz

Lynx Diagnostic

Marlboro Go

Road Riot 4WD

TNT Terry

I also have 36 games in my list that were rumored to be in development but I have not found out whether or not they actually existed in cart form at any time. So those may be added in the future if they are "found"

I've been Lynxin' for a while now, so I've got a pretty complete collection. Including all the weird stuff, I have 61 titles, and had but sold another 12. I really only need Sokomania to complete my "must have" collection. I'll probably pick up some of the protos that I don't have, like Centipede, Daemon's Gate or Hyperdrome. Maybe Raiden.

But I'm quite happy with the collection I have! It's been a long, strange eBay trip, that's for sure. That, and I've probably bought something from every major Internet retailer out there.. B&C, Go Atari, Songbird, Best, Video 61... did I miss anyone?

Oh, and if you want a quick "must-have" list, it would depend on what type of games you like, of course. But, there are some of the "cheap" games that I think are a lot of fun, like Chips Challenge, Blockout, Shanghai and my current all-time favourite, Loopz. I just can't get enough of that game. It's lived in my Lynx for weeks now!

There really are quite a number of good, quality games available for our Lynx. They easily outnumber the crap games, in my opinion.

NorkUSA! I have to say first thats an awesome icon, I LOVE Eraserhead!  It is probobly my favorite film of all time. Besides that I have a very small lynx collection as I have just recently got back into the lynx scene after years in exile.  :o

Thanks! Eraserhead is my all-time fave. If you're a big fan, you gotta check out the new Ereaserhead DVD from davidlynch.com. It's amazing and worth every penny of the $50 Lynch charges for it.

Back to the Lynx....has anyone played Jimmy Connors Tennis or Super Off-Road? I'm looking for some good sports titles to play. Are they both as good as they look? If not, does anyone have some recommendations?

Back to the Lynx....has anyone played Jimmy Connors Tennis or Super Off-Road? I'm looking for some good sports titles to play. Are they both as good as they look? If not, does anyone have some recommendations?

Well, Jimmy Connors Tennis is a good sport game for the Lynx, you will have some fun.

Unfortunately, Super Off-Road may look good as you say but the Lynx version is a very bad one (bad controls, choppy animation, ...).

Hockey is a good one too, but the lack of a tournament mode doesn't make it that fun.

Personnally I also like very much Malibu Bikini Volley, it's a fun title, especially comlynxed.

I just got Jimmy Connor's Tennis last week, and so far I really like it. The digitized voices are good and the gameplay is a lot of fun.

i've been collecting lynx stuff since july 7th 1990 and have a pretty good

collection thus far.i'm up to 108 games(including around a dozen or so post atari corp./prototype games that were to come).i'm down to 6 or so

official atari releases for that complete collection. :) i'm working on it!

more protos are coming for folks to try and complete their collections with!

keep your eyes peeled! we still have 6 or 7 lynx releases to come in the

near future(yes,some of these are "dug up" protos!).hang in there.you are

in for some surprises to come!!you won't be disappointed.--the lynxer of

lynxland

i've been collecting lynx stuff since july 7th 1990 and have a pretty good

collection thus far.i'm up to 108 games(including around a dozen or so post atari corp./prototype games that were to come).i'm down to 6 or so official atari releases for that complete collection. :)

I have a few question for ya. :)

One, how do you actually remember the exact date you began collecting? I know, for instance, that I bought my first Lynx game, Klax, off eBay (it was my first eBay purchase, actually) on 4/05/00. But I'm hyper retentive about eBay, so I have an Excel model to keep track of that stuff. Is it something like that for you, or do you just have a really good memory?

The big question, for me, is, you're saying there are approx 114 games available for the Lynx?! My list (another Excel model) shows 94, and that includes every regularly released game, and quite a few demos/protos. It even includes games that don't "officially" exist yet, like Distant Lands and Ultravore. The demos/protos listed on mine are: AVP, Centipede, Daemon's Gate, Loopz, Marlboro Man and Krazy Ace Golf.

Man, what am I missing?

And of course, the even bigger big question... do you know something about new demo/proto releases that we don't? Can ya tell us anything? Whet our appetites? Puh-leeze? :D

Regarding sports titles... I concur that both the volleyball and the tennis titles are fun, but a tad tough to get the angle / pseudo 3D down well. But I'd also suggest Awesome Golf. I've had quite a bit of fun with that. Not very tough, but it's a good game to while away the afternoon with.

I just purchased Baseball Heros. I didn't hear much good about it, but I figured why not.

I'd avoid Tournament Cyberball. Ew, I didn't care for that one at all.

I've read bad reviews on Basketbrawl, but never played it.

Championship Rally and Checkered Flag are fun, if you're considering racing games as sports titles.

That's all for me. :D

The big question, for me, is, you're saying there are approx 114 games available for the Lynx?! My list (another Excel model) shows 94, and that includes every regularly released game, and quite a few demos/protos. It even includes games that don't "officially" exist yet, like Distant Lands and Ultravore. The demos/protos listed on mine are: AVP, Centipede, Daemon's Gate, Loopz, Marlboro Man and Krazy Ace Golf.  

Man, what am I missing?

I have a list of games here. It includes every game that I've heard of including quite a few that were rumored. It's completely out of date as far as what carts I have but the only carts that I know of that it is missing is the CGE 5th Photocard by Songbird, Space Battles by Harry Dodgson (future release), and Driving School Theory Test.

All total I have 141 games listed (including the above 3) of which 105 are known to exist in some type of cart form. Basically anything with a price exists (94 in the list). The 11 without prices that exist is some form are: Aliens Vs. Preditor, Centipede, Cybervirus (cinciclassic edition), LGSS, Lode Runner?, Loopz, Lynx Diagnostic, Puzzler 2000, TNT Terry, Driving School Theory Test (not in list), and CGE 5th Photocard (not in list).

Compare my list to yours and maybe we can figure out a few more.

i got my first lynx unit(lynx I) at toys r us on july 7th 1990.

yes,i have a rather good memory(photograhic) for lynx things and dates and stuff.also,other dates and things-i always have had as long as i can

remember.

yes,i could reveal game names and stuff to come for the lynx,but i have

been sworn to non-disclosure on this stuff as it is still pending release to

you guys.sorry.i could give you folks a list but that would violate my word

in the matter.i can give hints,but not sources or names of things to come.

cannot reveal the stuff until it is an "official" press release of availability

for sale here on atari age or etc.

i will say again,you won't be disappointed in the stuff to come!!--the lynxer

of lynxland :)

yes,i have a rather good memory(photograhic) for lynx things and dates and stuff.also,other dates and things-i always have had as long as i can

remember.

been sworn to non-disclosure on this stuff as it is still pending release to

you guys.sorry.i could give you folks a list but that would violate my word

in the matter.i can give hints,but not sources or names of things to come.

cannot reveal the stuff until it is an "official" press release of availability

for sale here on atari age or etc.

of lynxland  :)

Enough! I'm going to gather up a bunch of heavy friends, go over to your house at night, and thrash the information out of you. :D

please,let's not resort to violence over something as simple as lynx game

info.is this stuff that "live or die" to you?hmmmm.i was not aware that this

info was so valuable to anyone out there.wow! it reminds me of the cutthr-

oat days of atari being with us.atari,rest in peace.thanks for the fun and the memories! thanks to you and epyx for the lynx! great piece of hard--

ware and games. :love:

when am i to expect you guys?i'll get my comlynx cables and extra games

out and the coffee on.i love a pit-fight! also,a good comlynx.see ya then.

please,let's not resort to violence over something as simple as lynx game

info.is this stuff that "live or die" to you?hmmmm.i was not aware that this

info was so valuable to anyone out there.wow! it reminds me of the cutthr-

oat days of atari being with us.atari,rest in peace.thanks for the fun and the memories! thanks to you and epyx for the lynx! great piece of hard--

ware and games. :love:  

when am i to expect you guys?i'll get my comlynx cables and extra games

out and the coffee on.i love a pit-fight! also,a good comlynx.see ya then.

I yearn for the day when our problems are no longer solved by violence, but by a 4-player comlynxed game of Warbirds or Battle Wheels. "If you are able to shoot me down in under 2 minutes, we'll pull out of Kuwait!"

I have about 160 games. Not all of them unique of course. But they are all, except for California Games, complete with box and instructions. Just a few shrinkwraped. The games I DON'T have are: T-tris, Hyperdrome, Raiden and Boubble Trouble (and SFX). I don't have many prototypes yet.

Sportgames, my favorites:

1. Awesome Golf

2. European Soccer Challenge

3. Malibu Bikini Volleyball

(My list) includes every game that I've heard of including quite a few that were rumored.  It's completely out of date as far as what carts I have but the only carts that I know of that it is missing is the CGE 5th Photocard by Songbird, Space Battles by Harry Dodgson (future release), and Driving School Theory Test.

All total I have 141 games listed (including the above 3) of which 105 are known to exist in some type of cart form.  Basically anything with a price exists (94 in the list).  The 11 without prices that exist is some form are: Aliens Vs. Preditor, Centipede, Cybervirus (cinciclassic edition), LGSS, Lode Runner?, Loopz, Lynx Diagnostic, Puzzler 2000, TNT Terry, Driving School Theory Test (not in list), and CGE 5th Photocard (not in list).

Compare my list to yours and maybe we can figure out a few more.

Wow. I've gotta say, I'm quite impressed with your list! There's games I've never even heard of. Well done! It gave me quite a lesson in Lynx possibilities.

I used your list, my list and AtariAge's list to compile what I believe is a complete list of what's available for purchase. I put it in the "How many games are available" thread, since it's more relevant there.

Question about some of the games you mentioned, Lode Runner, Puzzler 2000, TNT Terry and Driving School Theory Test, do you know if they can be purchased somewhere? Most of the other ones listed above I know where to get, and have most of 'em.

remember.

been sworn to non-disclosure on this stuff...

of lynxland  :)

Photographic memory's gotta be mega-handy! Lucky you! Unless, it only pertains to Lynx stuff. Not the most useful thing in life, eh? :)

I understand perfectly, about the non-disclosure agreement. I'm quite satisfied knowing that something new's coming out eventually. Can I ask, however, are they actual new games, or merely demos/incomplete games that were found on a hard drive somewhere?

Good luck on getting those games to the public! I'll be in line to purchase!

Archived